Can JWs really vote now , since when?

by Crazyguy 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Is this true???

• Sliced
    Sliced

No, not sure where you heard this- but it is not true.

• someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX
    someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX

Well, yes...as long as you don't get caught by the BOE. :> Or a snitch.

• schnell
    schnell

I know it's technically a conscience decision since 1999, but it hasn't been taught that way any time since. An elder told us in 2009 about an African American sister who'd been disfellowshipped for voting for Barack Obama without repenting. Another sister, perhaps her friend, was repentant and reproved.

Of course, the Watchtower saying it's a conscience issue was in 1999 and WOL goes back to 2000.

• Sliced
    Sliced

I've been fading for about a year and the last I have heard or seen on this particular matter is that if you vote- it is grounds for a judicial committee and possible disfellowshipping. I know of one young man who did indeed vote and did indeed get the boot. This was in 2014. There has been nothing in print stating otherwise that I am aware of- but please enlighten us all if you have new LIGHT on the the matter! ;)

• schnell
  • steve2
    steve2

I am certain that, in countries or states where voting is compulsory (e.g., Australia), the organization advised Witnesses they could register to vote and go into voting booths, strike out all the names on the voting forms and place them in the ballot box. But I cannot recall whether this was an oral directive or was ever included as policy.

• schnell
    schnell

I've heard of brothers writing in "Jehovah", etc. if they're required to vote.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Can JWs really vote now , since when?

Just like Blood Transfusions,it`s a Conscience Matter..

As long as you make the WBT$ Approved Choice..("Don`t Vote")

No action will will be taken against you by the WBT$..

Making The Wrong Choice in WatchTower World..

HAS CONSEQUENCES..

Image result for Man with gun to head

• undercover
    undercover

If a JW in the US was DFd for voting, would their be a civil rights violation? I know the Civil Rights Act of 65 was more about race and color, but to deny (through threat of punishment by shunning) a citizen the right to vote seems to be on a slippery legal slope...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit