LuckyNun is back

by LuckyNun 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• LuckyNun
    LuckyNun

Hi everybody!! Long time no see.

So, since I last posted on here, JWs drove my sister to attempt suicide again (she failed, but it was close) and drove my close childhood friend to actually commit suicide. I too kmy sister in and helped her recover. I think she's going to pull through. As for my friend Leota, well, I was afraid to go to her funeral because I feared I might not be let in the door. This past summer, I got to go back to Illinois and visit her grave. I bawled and sat there. She's not in torment any more, but her son is being raised by the same parents who tried to emotionally destroy her (and I guess they succeeded).

My child-molesting/abusing parents recently celebrated "40 years of love and faith" and were lauded appropriately, according to my mother's Facebook page. So many people (including a few who knew why my dad was originally disfellowshipped) chimed in with praise and words of encouragement. I can only guess that there's been a nearly 90% turnover in the Belvidere congregation. That, or JWs really don't give a rat's ass if you let your daughters be "second wifey". I didn't recognize most of the names. We don't personally speak any more, as the last time I talked to her on the phone, she mentioned how nice it was that two little neighbor girls were coming over to play with my old toys all the time. This sent a bolt of ice through my heart. I hung up and considered calling the police, but I didn't even know where to begin. I felt helpless and disgusting. I hope nothing has happened to those little girls at my dad's hands.

While in school, I also did some intensive PTSD-focused therapy at the school's psychology clinic. It helped me a great deal, and now I'm using those skills I learned to volunteer with a homeless shelter and a rape crisis center. My plan is to take every bad memory and put it to work as a tool to help others. I won't let those fuckers win.

How's everybody?

Tanya

• Spectre
    Spectre

Ouch!

It's a long tough road out of hell. Glad you made it and sad for those that didn't.

I would immediately call the police. Just to give a warning to those parents.  

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome back!

AND...

Yikes! Can you send a letter to the neighbors to warn them of the danger?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Hi Tanya,

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you and your sister and friend. Have you ever thought of filing charges against your father? And don't be afraid of going to a funeral because you might be let in. Confront them instead.

Anyways, welcome back. 

• LuckyNun
    LuckyNun

The last time I talked to her was 2008/9. Calling the police won't help the neighbor girls now. As for our childhoods, it's a weird thing about statute of limitations in Illinois: you only have so many years after hitting the age of majority to make your claim. After that, there's nothing you can do. I learned this the hard way. By the time I'd gathered up my courage and went to the police, I'd missed the deadline by a matter of months.

Leota died of an overdose in December of 2010. If I could go back in time...well, I'd go back to the summer of 1993 and fight like hell so maybe there wouldn't have been a funeral in 2010. As it was, my friend Roxanne (never baptized) went to the visitation and took pictures for me.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I would write a letter to everyone who lives near you parents saying that a child molester lives in the neighborhood and they should not let their children visit anyone unsupervised. Don't name names, but make it clear they should be careful, that the wife is aware of his issues and still allows children to come over. 

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

LisaRose: "I would write a letter to everyone who lives near you parents saying that a child molester lives in the neighborhood and they should not let their children visit anyone unsupervised."

That could bring on a police investigation and get her in trouble. 

• Simon
    Simon
    That could bring on a police investigation and get her in trouble. 

Not only that, it could result in vigilanteism, possibly with the wrong person targeted. Very unwise and reckless IMO.

The desire for revenge and to warn others is understandable but better make sure you don't put yourself on the wrong side of the law in any way. Check the rules before you do anything, maybe contact local groups who could advise you?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    you sound like you've seen some serious struggle  welcome back. 
  • cha ching
    cha ching
    So sorry for your sad and oh so hard life.  Hugs....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit