So my best friend was reinstated last night

by LexIsFree 4 Replies latest jw friends

• LexIsFree
    LexIsFree
    So my best friend, who also happens to be my brother-in-law, was reinstated last night. I had an idea he was trying to make his way back to the cult since I had been texting and calling him for about 2, 3 months now and no response. I wasn't shocked when he text me this morning to tell me the news. I am really hurt and saddened by the news though. I have no long term friends or family outside the org. The one I did have was him and we were the closest of friends. He is my brother to me. I've known him before he married my sister. He's an amazing guy. Smart guy too which was frustrating because every time we talked about the "Truth" he would still defend and the organization! Despite the treatment he received after his disfellowshipping and divorce from his first JW wife, he still believed in his heart of hearts that this was the "truth". So I've lost another dear friend to this cult. I'm sad. I'm angry. I'm depressed. I even cried a little this morning. But I guess that's the way it goes. Conditional love is the norm. People discontinuing life long friendships over night is the norm. The sadness of losing friends is the norm for us.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I'm sorry, lex. The cult has a very strong hold on some people. They can't think for themselves no matter how smart they are sometimes.
  • John Free
    John Free
    Hi Alex, sorry you're having such a bad day mate. I just read your opening post and can see that you have made some good life choices since leaving the Borg, I feel sure there will be better days than this one ahead. Until then we genuinely feel your pain mate. John.
  • talesin
    talesin

I understand. Some days, it's just so hard to deal with. xx

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

the only reason it matters, is that, being imbued with blind mindless faith, he now feels impelled to shun you, because he probably believes that his love for you is so great, that he must save you through his emotional blackmail.

There is nothing else to do, but to go out and make new friends. I was 60 when I was cut off, after a few months reconciling falsehood to reality, I went out and found new friends. Sadly (grin) I'm now at the age when friends of a similar age start to pop off, so I have to keep up this process of making new friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit