Ex JWs who use the catch phrase "Friends"

by jojorabbit 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• jojorabbit
    jojorabbit

Its a personal pet peeve to me but I hate it when EX JWs use the catch phrase Friends. This was used at every convention and many meetings I went to. The friends, Mother and others. To me I want nothing of this cult left in my life. This is why I guess its so offensive to me. Not saying in any way someone can not use it. But if you left this group why would you keep some of its catch phrases? I know the term catch phrase is a group of words but in JW speak one word catch phrases exist. I see that one lady on YouTube who opens Hello Friends. I cringe when I hear this. Anyone else or is it just my crazy mind?

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

It's just you

You're crazy

• jojorabbit
    jojorabbit

I was worried that was it.

• Simon
    Simon

I always grates on me too. I see it as subtle manipulation, as though "we're all one, you have to agree with what I'm about to say". Especially when people use in on Twitter, it usually proceeds a call-to-pile-on.

Nah.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

In the U.K. we don’t say “friends “, we refer. to the brothers...... as if we were all one family.

These days , if I am talking to a dub I will use their own expressions for clarity and simplicity. Even on here it is sometimes suitable to refer to them in that way . It depends on the context .

Ah....get over it....

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    BB - In the U.K. we don’t say “friends“

You beat me to it.

My personal peeves were the buzzwords like...

We appreciate the grand privilege of unity, in this time of the end, as we go our separate ways. So, that's fine, isn't it Brothers(TM)!?!?

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

Yeh ... "friends" ... just another warm and fuzzy American term.

However, what really gets me going is when the GB closes an update video with ... 'we love you all very much".

Boy, what a joke.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    NZom - the GB closes an update video with ... 'we love you all very much".

What is really mean -

the GB closes an update video with ... 'we love money, booze and abusing children all very much".

I don't think people realise what absolute filth the GovBod (Pee be upon them), really are.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    But if you left this group why would you keep some of its catch phrases?

Interesting, I guess I’d forgotten how they refer to their gatherings as the “friends”.

Now I think about it, since leaving the Borg I haven’t come across any other group or association referring to themselves as the friends.

I guess it’s another part of their closed shop terminology along with such words as “the Truth” and “the Organisation”.

• carla
    carla

As a non jw, you do understand how very cultish this all sounds? so the next time someone starts a thread like, 'do you think jw's are a cult?' this thread should be remembered if you are quick to say no it isn't. Sounds like a duck.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit