Is it Okay for a JW to be a Storm Chaser?

by Iamallcool 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I am thinking about chasing storms for fun. I know it is very dangerous. I just think it will be very cool to have a new exciting hobby. You can call me crazy if you want to. :) If it is not okay for JW to be a Storm Chaser then I will not let my JW relatives know about my new hobby.

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

Absolutely Not !

Now stop wasting time and get into the bunker and contemplate how self-centred that is .............................................Sheez ........some people !

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

You are not allowed to have fun. Has being a JW taught you nothing?

JW Fun = enacting bible stories or GT bunker scenes or kingdumb malady sing alongs with Fester and Co.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

JWs have been storm chasers for decades, only trouble is the big storm just keeps on coming but never gets near. Chase real storms and enjoy, chasing Great Tribulation no fun and never arrives.

• tiki
    tiki

Do you live in Oklahoma?

• blondie
    blondie

I know of a non-born in new jw who raced cars recreationally. They let him get baptized but then he went back to it. No privileges in the congregation and nagged at every week by the elders. Did he die racing, no; he was changing the tires on his mother's car and it fell off the jacks

Elders can be such hypocrites.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I've always wanted to do that!

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

I always wanted to chase storms as well! I'd often cross the NH border down to Mass to chase a cell that had some rotation in it. Regrettably, I have not as of yet seen a twister, but I have seen some impressive wall clouds.

Afraid of ridicule or rebuke from the elders I kept my storm chasing activities to myself. The Weather Channel is still my favorite channel (right up there with ESPN).

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Floods too. I saw the Rhine and Danube flooded, amazing.

• SlappySlap
    SlappySlap

1 Cor 6 : 12

Rom 14

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit