"Only Baptized Ones have Unrestricted Privilege of Prayer"

by BluesBrother 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    I cant believe you all are missing the key. They say the "unrestricted" privilege of prayer. Then they dont define what a "restricted" prayer is. Its typical cult weasel words. Its a non sequitur statment purposely designed to mean exactly nonthing...or whatever they want when they say it. Its designed to make people feel good for being baptised into the cult, as if they got some intangible benefit.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Geoffrey Jackson said it would be presumptuous to say the GB are the only ones who speak for God (or words to that effect) at the Australian Royal Commission.

But apparently it's not presumptuous of them to say who God does or doesn't listen to.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Morpheus: They say the "unrestricted" privilege of prayer. Then they dont define what a "restricted" prayer is.

Well, we do know that JW women are "restricted" in prayer.

The statement that a baptized person has "unrestricted prayer privileges" only applies to men. Which would be less than 40% of the congregations.

Put yr hankys on yr heads, ladies....isn't "unrestricted prayer privileges" after baptism a wonderful provision from Jehobah?

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly
    What Morpheus said. The only prayers of unbaptized ones that Jehovah hears is those that revolve around sending JWs to their doors. Apparently.
  • millie210
    millie210

Why then did Jesus say, "You must pray then this way..."

what need would already baptized people have in a basic primer on how to pray?

• just fine
    just fine
    I always thought it was stupid that they think THEY control other people's relationship with God, look at their disfellowshipping arrangement...... They think THEY dictate when someone is accepted by God or not, why would prayer be different?
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Sooooooooooooooooo, that's why only ONE of the "evildoers" along side of Jesus was forgiven.......he was baptized!

Doc

• suavojr
    suavojr

Just to be fair, you will find the following when reading the bible. This is a statement from a recent WT

Wise Guidance for Married Couples w05 3/1 p. 16-18

He said: “Continue dwelling in like manner with [your wives] according to knowledge, assigning them honor as to a weaker vessel, the feminine one, since you are also heirs with them of the undeserved favor of life, in order for your prayers not to be hindered.” (1 Peter 3:7) The seriousness of Peter’s counsel is seen in the final words of that verse. If a husband fails to honor his wife, his relationship with Jehovah will be affected. His prayers will be hindered.

They can easily say that even a baptized person can have his/her prayers hindered. Therefore it is up to Jehovah to determine our sincerity and pureness of heart. The Bible is a book that can be interpreted in any way you wish to use it. IT IS MAN MADE!!!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

BluesBrother - "How can they possibly make such an arrogant statement?"

Years of practice?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    BTW, I never got the impression God was listening to my prayers even after I was baptized.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit