What woke you up?

by MrRoboto 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

For me the biggest thing that got the ball rolling was the realization that the bible doesn't say anything about a paradise earth, but its all about heaven.

• flipper
    flipper

What woke me up ? Unjust treatment from the elders who I saw perpetrating this treatment towards others- as well as towards myself. I decided that if they were not giving counsel as they should and pulling counsel out of their ass and calling it legitimate - while wrecking people's lives with this alleged " counsel " - there was no way in hell these guys had anything called " holy spirit " that appointed them. It's all a sham

• Tallon
    Tallon

I've mentioned this some time back on another thread. My wife became seriously ill due to having a major breakdown. I was at my wits end trying to hold everything together and turned to my so called bookstudy conductor at the time for support. He literally turned against me and refused to offer any form of help.

I then thought screw it, lost all interest in 'the truth' and began my fade. It was during this period that I began looking at 'apostate' websites. The scales literally fell from my eyes when I became aware of all the shenanigans going on.

How could I have been fooled for so long.

• flipper
    flipper

TALLON- Isn't it amazing that the people we thought would support us- end up turning on us just as we're going through life changing crisis points in our lives ? We were trained to " trust " these elders - then they throw us under the bus ? Like you- I learned a lot off the Internet after I exited the Witnesses. Take care I hope you and your wife are doing better now that freedom is in your life. Hang in there, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Tallon
    Tallon

Hi Flipper

Many thanks for your kind words. My wife is definitely in a better place however, it is an ongoing process.

Best wishes to you and your family.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

For me it was the lies circumvented about 1975, then I realized 1914 was also a lie as well, so I left.

The final conclusion was the Watchtower Corporation was propagating lies by saying it had been selectively chosen by god and it was being guided by his holy spirit, as far as the bible reads false prophets are not chosen by god and are not being guided by his holy spirit.

The sole endeavor by this religious publishing house was literature proliferation and distribution.

The Watchtower Corporation was built up from a combination of ignorance and corruption which during its existence has ruined many lives and destroyed many families.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

It's rarely just one thing, but looking back, my rubicon moment was realizing that evolution had to be true, and that the WTS could never budge on it.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

It was a lot of little things but I would say the turning point was the 2013 WT with the now infamous quote. I was doing the mics and I looked around at everybody and they were answering like it was normal. Then I was wondering just why the article was written to begin with, the biblical basis for the article was very shaky. It seemed to have been written for the sole purpose of introducing that quote. After that I began to read WT publications very differently.

• waton
    waton

The restoration of the 1929 Superior Authorities = secular government teaching flip flop in the 60s. It was, after sleep, the early blinking and seeing the dawn. No wt maneuver was the same again, considered possibly true since then for me. It never was true in the first place of course ps.

A false teaching when, in ww2, people were putting their lives their necks on the line, trusting in a solidly, bible based doctrine.

• btlc
    btlc

In my case, i can locate my awakening in autumn 2001. with UN-NGO scandal. Till then I was still faithful, but a little bit disappointed by many things. I sent a letter to a local branch to ask what's going on, and got generic answer about apostates, "library card only" nonsense, and instructions "do not hesitate to contact your local elders for further info" - which turned to be opposit, they didn't hesitated to interrogate me on and on, like i'm the one who made mistake - probably i did, asking forbiden question. Month or two later, i was totaly awake, shaking my head what a terrible dream i lived.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit