Making fun of an elder, CO or GB'er, would it be considered brazen conduct or some other WT sin?

by oppostate 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oppostate
    oppostate
    James Mixon: "Calling them a A hole would get you DF. But they would have to prove that"

I actually know of someone who got baptized and four months later called the hounder elders, who did a shepherding call on him about his attitude, "a-holes". And yes, he did get DF'ed.

But what about just mocking them, like "wasn't I just kidding" sort of thing? Would that qualify of brazen conduct? I guess it depends on how annoyed the elders are. 

What about making fun of a Gobbering Body member, how would that go over? I'm thinking apostasy.

What do you think?

• oppostate
    oppostate

The NEW Improved Congregation of JW's:

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Problemaddict2: ...it ended with a quick lecture on Jesus words regarding the Pharisees "lording it over the flock" and his ignorance as to what the original language and intend of jesus words were. Then a cherry on top of it really doesn't matter what you think, you don't qualify to be an elder, and are a stain n the congregation. :

Funny, I've been thinking for the last few days how elders can actually be congregation bullies masquerading as loving older men (not all, but some). You summed up what I was thinking pretty well.

• cha ching
    cha ching

I know someone who was DF'd for saying the lawyers, Service Desk, the Branch, the GBs are responsible for the pedophile issue, and they are the ones that need to apologize for their course..

DF'd for "speaking abusively of the glorious ones"

• Funchback
    Funchback

Be careful.

Jehovah may send two she-bears after you. Heck, in the past, two of them ripped apart 42 lads. Those are some fast bears.

That'll learn ya'!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

OPPOSTATE:

Just reading all these posts about Witnesses who have to tip-toe around delusional people who IMAGINE they are owed some measure of "respect" makes me glad I am no longer there.

I could never tolerate this and would never humor anybody there!

• Watchtower-Free
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

DF'd for "speaking abusively of the glorious ones"

That is now being used as grounds to disfellowship ones who speak ill of the GB or even Elders, or who just don't kiss their . . . . ring.

And the "Brazen Conduct" is the all encompassing basis to get rid of sh!t-disturbers.

If they want you OUT, and become determined to put you OUT, it only takes one creative Alpha Male Elder on the JC to sway the other robots (who are afraid they won't get an assembly part if the disagree with the Alpha Elder).

Doc

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter
    Never a JW and not knowing anything about the JWS until well after the fact I often wonder how well my Roasted Toasted Deep Fried BBQ with consequences email went over with the "Elder". Hey this lady had no clue not to threaten an Elder. LOL
  • Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

In my former hall, a sister had a heated argument with an elder after the meeting.

She then walked through the hall shouting about how bad the elders were or something. She approached an other elder, insulted him and sort of tried to strangle him with by grabbing his tie. Her husband stood by and watched.

They got marked, not DFed.

So a joke should be no problem. Ymmv.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit