Spring has sprung!

by GrreatTeacher 4 Replies latest social current

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Though not officially spring, the past two days in the mid-Atlantic have been gorgeous! It's been over 70°F and sunny. I've opened all the windows in the house and have sunshine and fresh air pouring in.

I walked outside today and noticed that my tulips are pushing through the ground. My neighbors have beautiful daffodils that are in full bloom. The grass has new green shoots even though it hasn't grown yet, which is good because mowing is a chore.

I know it may not last, it was snowing five days ago, but this is like my personal favorite holiday; that first spring-like day.The dark, dreary and depressing winter is being beaten back by the sun. It makes me feel like I have the strength to keep plodding on in life.

Happy spring, everybody! If it's not there yet, it is coming soon!

PS-If you're in the southern hemisphere, ignore everything I just said. Sorry your summer is coming to an end, but it'll be back. :)

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Sounds very springy GT.

Speaking of hemispheres I hear the UK was treated to the Aurora borealis light show a few nights ago.

You lucky poms.

• kaik
    kaik
    So far, my crocuses, daffodils, snowdrops started to boom past several days. I am ready for spring, I need to be outdoor.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    It will go back-and-forth in northern Illinois, but it has been much warmer. Time to put the soft top back on the wrangler.
  • kaik
    kaik

Here is pic of my snowdrops from couple days ago:

I was successful to get them propagated and planted them around the house. I think in next five years they will fill entire area by my neighbor tree.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit