Australia - Selling Off Assets

by Pants of Righteousness 30 Replies latest jw friends

• careful
    careful

Thanks for the info/update.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Pants of righteousness, I to cannot get the article. I’d like to read this particular article. I’d like to see those dirty bastards lose their tax free charity status.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Stillms put a link up

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

[email protected] This article that appears in The Daily Telegraph

on Jw`s is the most informative i`ve seen on the subject of them hiding their money .

And the most exhaustive one.

Well done natalie.

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

The Telegraph article has been well researched and reveals (as if the Royal Commission didn't in it's own way) the depths to which watchtower will stoop to avoid its moral and social and lawful obligations.

Totally despicable. But we know that fact and it comes as no real surprise.

With the knowledge of there being no possibility of it ever happening I intend to contact the society here in Oz and invoice them pending settlement for a repayment of the money (several thousand dollars) I donated to the hall I mentioned previously. It will be done in my own inimitable manner. Respect and courtesy will not be a priority. I would not expect a reply to be forthcoming.

When I get it sent off I will post a copy to this post.

Cheeses. Sick of a criminal organisation posing as a charity.

• smiddy3
  • smiddy3
  • smiddy3
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ smiddy3...

My favorite bit in the pic you just posted...

"...the Federal Government would 'name and shame institutions and consider financial sanctions such as revoking charitable status' if they did not join the scheme."

Can't help but wonder...

....just how financially dependent on its tax-exemption is the Org?...

...and if it gets pulled in Australia, how soon will the Org's other charity-status dominoes around the world start to fall?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Not to mention that as soon as the Org's lawyers start whining that doing so will put the WTS in "financial distress" or somesuch...

...the collective world's response will probably be somewhere in the range of "seriously?", "so?", and "boo-fucking-hoo".

And good luck spinning "paying back Caesar's things to Caesar" as "persecution".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit