Urgent - Need source material for 1975

by Garrett 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Garrett
    Garrett

Hi all,

Real quick, I need the quote from a book that says that in the 1970s the young ones wouldn't grow old and die. To not go to uni and to spend time preaching. It has a picture of young ones in it...

If anyone can get this to me asap that would be awesome!

• Stumpy
    Stumpy

Here you go mate... pages 116 - 118 is the article you're talking about:

1975 Part A:

https://mega.nz/#!GhBxVIyQ!nljtQgaF7luzwVRXG8uKpTamR7x5AzTJj8zGz-rsED8

(Use the blue 'Download through your browser' link)

Stumpy

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

Awake! 22 May, 1969, p15:

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. .....all evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. ....as a young person you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!"
  • Garrett
    Garrett
    perfect thanks guys!
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Another important aspect to the 1975 6000 years of man's existence calculation, is that this 6000 years calculation was used 3 individual different times previously by the head writers of the WTS.

It was NOT unique to 1975 alone.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The way 1975 was propagated by the WTS is confirmation that the WTS has been involved in fear mongering charlatanism as a religious publishing house.

• Ding
    Ding

Nowadays, the organization points to all the cautionary (hedge your bets) statements about 1975, but at the time, if you were a loyal dub, you were expected to believe in that date and adjust your life accordingly.

Kingdom Ministry, May, 1974, p. 3 (available via the WT CD library):

"By carefully and prayerfully examining our own circumstances, we also may find that we can spend more time and energy in preaching during this final period before the present system ends. Many of our brothers and sisters are doing just that. This is evident from the rapidly increasing number of pioneers.
    Yes, since the summer of 1973 there have been new peaks in pioneers every month. Now there are 20,394 regular and special pioneers in the United States, an all-time peak. That is 5,190 more than there were in February 1973! A 34-percent increase! Does that not warm our hearts? Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world’s end.—1 John 2:17."

• never a jw
    never a jw

KM May 1974 p. 3 How Are You Using Your Life? - Yes, since the summer of 1973 there have been new peaks in pioneers every month. Now there are 20,394 regular and special pioneers in the United States, an all-time peak. That is 5,190 more than there were in February 1973! A 34-percent increase! Does that not warm our hearts? Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world’s end. 1 John 2:17.

• never a jw
    never a jw
    Ooops. I didn't see the previous post, which was the same as mine. Where's the "edit" control? Am I the only one without it?.
  • cha ching
    cha ching
    Ding, never a jw, twice for emphasis! I was 14 in 1969, & remember reading this..... I did not go to college. Thx WT!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit