Do JWs wonder why never converted someone that knows the Bible?

by Counter-Watchtower 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Counter-Watchtower That's really admirable, but please know that the love and friendship you have with these Jehovah's Witnesses is very conditional. They are associating with you because they believe they have a chance of recruiting you. The second you reveal your intentions to wake them up to their doctrinal errors, or even just simply say you're no longer interested in studying the Bible with them but would love to just hang out/catch up regularly, they will make an exit from your life as quickly as they entered it. Jehovah's Witnesses are very strict about their associates, and if you're "worldly" - or worse - "opposed", they will be steering clear of you. If this does happen, please do not take it personally or feel jilted by your new friends. This is how they have been conditioned to behave toward fellow human beings... even if it is their own flesh and blood.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Spot on !

Wake me has summed things up EXACTLY

• Counter-Watchtower
    Counter-Watchtower

Oh yea Ive figured that already.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

JWs accept that their leadership has the proper interpretation of the bible above all other Christian based faiths, which the JWS leaders describe those others as false religion.

So from that teaching JWS are for the most part self assuming arrogant that they have Jehovah's guidance, approval and blessing for being one of a JWS.

Its part of the WTS's indoctrinating process orchestrated to not only allure people to the organization but also retain them once their there.

You dont want to be participating in false religion when Armageddon comes so the WTS says.

• Steel
    Steel

I went to church for years and the kingdom hall for years , never really understanding the bible or even caring too.

I was eventually challenged by someone about the idea of Jesus in the old testament. An idea that I was completely foreign too.

Once doing the research I began to realize new testament writers are thinking of Lord or Jehovah as a two being creature. An invisible omnipresent being an a devine visible being.

Jesus is though of as this second visible being of the old testament in the new testament. It seem rather bizarre how most Christians miss that.

Anywho it strikes me as odd how people don't leave bible schools or theological collages and become Jehovah witnesses. its like they aren't even at step one.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS. has an inherent history of having novice bible theologians heading up and devising doctrines ie C. Russell, J Rutherford, F Franz, yet they were positioned as the chief Editorial writers and directors of the WTS , IBSA , JWS.

It would be foolhardy to not assume that many of the doctrines created by the WTS's leaders had direct relevance toward the on going proliferation of the literature the WTS produced.

Charlatanism is a factor with the JWS organization whether one agrees to that or not.

• Counter-Watchtower
    Counter-Watchtower

My JW friends (a family) they seem pretty knowledgeable about the J Org and the Bible itself, like they actually read it for themselves and know the stores. I guess maybe the husband is an elder? He did part of the speaking at the service. But when i questioned the fact that we have no idea who translated NWT and that it is so different from every other Bible translation (that all others are alike) and we know the who the translators are and their degrees and schools, yet the NWT we have no idea if they even know Biblical Geek or Hebrew whats the logical outcome? Isnt that logical? And at that he said "yes it is logical, we can use the KJV and NASB". My guess is thats an uncommon response from a JW.

Also once when i spoke with the wife about how one is saved, she nailed it Biblically, " saved by grace thru faith, not of works" and we talked in detail about what the what the Biblical roll of works is, and James. And i was shocked she was right on. And that seems uncommon too from what i hear. Now if they really believe that i dont know? We even talked about someone that has true faith in God but goes back and forth hooked on drugs if she thinks such a person is saved and the said "yes", which i agree. That seems very much not like the JW view at all! But the service was all about works... And being perfect or pretty much God doesnt love you is the feeling i got.

They are mid-late 30s so maybe thats why? Both born in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit