List of reasons why the witnesses are wrong.

by atomant 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Despite claiming to be "Directed by Holy Spirit" they have wrongly predicted the end of this world for 1914, 1925 and 1975 . We are still waiting.

Their concept of Christ's judgement against wicked people is that all non believers in the Watchtower Society are due to be horribly slaughtered by Christ and his angels. That is sheer genocide, alien to Christianity and obviously wrong to thinking people.

Their doctrines are constantly under revue and changes and flip-flops are regular occurrences. Fundamental beliefs such as the identity of the "faithful & discreet slave " (Mathew 24) , which they claim to be , are not exempt from change when it is expedient to do so, Does the Holy Spirit change its mind?

We could go on , with many flaws in their thinking, and teachings

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

JWs are trained to preach the Gospel of the Watchtower Corporation, which is not the true Gospel of the bible or of Jesus Christ.

One could say correctly that the men of the WTS are apostates to god and of his of Jesus Christ.

They (JWS) have been deliberately coerced into being subservient and obedient to the leaders of this publishing house as a virtuous guise to appease Jehovah in doing so.

Serving and supporting false prophets is not what Jehovah wants or expects of this true faithful followers and doesn't appease him.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    They take salvation through Christ away from the rank and file, then they, the rank and file have to earn it by being slaves of the GB, quoting James 1:27 but never show Ephesians 2:8-9
  • johnamos
    johnamos

You people leave me very perplexed being that you either were are still part of an organization in which the BIBLE is suppose to be read. It seems to me that no one has ever read it. All that is ever done here on this site is ranting and raving about the errors of the WTS/GB.

Are y’all correct in what you point out about the errors/lies/deceitfulness of the WTS/GB…YES you are.

Does that mean they must not be the correct religion (God’s people)…NO, to the contrary it identifies them even more so to be such.

[9-15-10 WT- The Governing Body publishes spiritually encouraging literature in many languages. This spiritual food is based on God’s Word. Thus, what is taught is not from men but from Jehovah.—Isa. 54:13.]

[Ezekiel 13:1 And the word of Jehovah continued to occur to me, saying: 2 “Son of man, prophesy concerning the prophets of Israel who are prophesying, and you must say to those prophesying out of their own heart, ‘Hear the word of Jehovah. 3 This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: “Woe to the stupid prophets, who are walking after their own spirit, when there is nothing that they have seen! 4 Like foxes in the devastated places are what your own prophets have become, O Israel. 5 YOU men will certainly not go up into the gaps, neither will YOU build up a stone wall in behalf of the house of Israel, in order to stand in the battle in the day of Jehovah.” 6 “They have visioned what is untrue and a lying divination, those who are saying, ‘The utterance of Jehovah is,’ when Jehovah himself has not sent them, and they have waited to have a word come true. 7 Is it not an untrue vision that YOU men have visioned, and a lying divination that YOU have said, when saying, ‘The utterance of Jehovah is,’ when I myself have spoken nothing?”’ 8 “‘Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: “‘For the reason that YOU men have spoken untruth and YOU have visioned a lie, therefore here I am against YOU,’ is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah.” 9 And my hand has come to be against the prophets that are visioning untruth and that are divining a lie. In the intimate group of my people they will not continue on, and in the register of the house of Israel they will not be written, and to the soil of Israel they will not come; and YOU people will have to know that I am the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, 10 for the reason, yes, for the reason that they have led my people astray, saying, “There is peace!” when there is no peace, and there is one that is building a partition wall, but in vain there are those plastering it with whitewash.’11 “Say to those plastering with whitewash that it will fall. A flooding downpour will certainly occur, and YOU, O hailstones, will fall, and a blast of windstorms itself will cause a splitting. 12 And, look! the wall must fall. Will it not be said to YOU men, ‘Where is the coating with which YOU did the plastering?’13 “Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said, ‘I will also cause a blast of windstorms to burst forth in my rage, and in my anger there will occur a flooding downpour, and in rage there will be hailstones for an extermination. 14 And I will tear down the wall that YOU men have plastered with whitewash and bring it into contact with the earth, and its foundation must be exposed. And she will certainly fall, and YOU must come to an end in the midst of her; and YOU will have to know that I am Jehovah.’ 15 “‘And I will bring my rage to its finish upon the wall and upon those plastering it with whitewash, and I shall say to YOU men: “The wall is no more, and those plastering it are no more, 16 the prophets of Israel that are prophesying to Jerusalem and that are visioning for her a vision of peace, when there is no peace,”’ is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah.]

The ‘stupid prophets’ are said to be in the in intimate group of Jehovah’s people and they are leading his people astray with lies and untruths. The core ‘lie’ that these ‘stupid prophets’ perpetrate is saying, “There is peace!” when there is no peace. This said peace, is the claim that Jehovah and or Jesus has already refined and judged his people faithful, and views them as being in an approved state as a group/organization. This claim is a ‘lie’ and the fact is that this refinement is still yet future and takes place in the 3 ½ years leading to the great day of Jehovah/Jesus’ arrival at Matthew 24:30.* (Luke 19:43,44; Isaiah 29:2-4 Luke 21:20-24; Revelation 11:2; Revelation 13:5)

* The Bible links “the great day of Jehovah” with “the arrival of Jesus ” which occurs after the GT is cut short. (2 Thessalonians 2:1, 2 1 Corinthians 15:51,52; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; Matthew 24:30,31)

In order to maintain this ‘lie’, the ‘stupid prophets’ have to continue to tell more and more lies to keep the ‘lie’ going. This is likened to plastering the ‘lie’ with whitewash, coat after coat, trying to keep all the cracks filled in to keep the ‘lie’ intact.

Gog’s attack in Ezekiel 38, the calamity in Joel’s account, the holy city being trampled on in Rev 11:2, the attack upon Ariel in Isaiah 29, the major fulfillment of the disgusting thing in the holy place, etc… are all counterparts of one another and is what the future great tribulation will entail. This will occur at the time that the wild beast receives his 42-month authority, which will then at that time make him the 8th, and final king that will soon go off into destruction after those 42 months are up.

At the time that the wild beast receives his 42-month authority it will not only be a great tribulation upon Jehovah’s people but will also be for the rest of the world as well. This is the time that ‘the mark’ will be given out and all those that refuse it will either be incarcerated or killed. Even before one of those two fates meet up with these that refuse ‘the mark’, they will have already begun to have a difficult time being that they can no longer buy or sell at this point.

Those that refuse ‘the mark’ are refusing the counterfeit kingdom of Satan and are holding out for the true heavenly kingdom of Jehovah God under his son and Christ, Jesus. Those that are refusing ‘the mark’ will be calling upon Jehovah’s name and it stands to reason that the majority of those will be those that already today call upon his name and have faith in Jehovah and his son Jesus and their heavenly kingdom, but during that time many more will understand and join themselves together to take a stand for Jehovah’s kingdom. These combined are who will make up the great crowd. (Revelation 13:5, 7; Daniel11: 33,34; Revelation 7:9,10,13,14)

While Jehovah’s Witnesses are warned by their Governing Body about the attack that Jehovah’s people will face by Gog, they close their eyes and ears and are silent when it comes to Ezekiel 39:23-29. While Jehovah’s Witnesses are warned by their Governing Body that the attack on Ariel is the counterpart of Gog’s attack (See 3-15-61 WT p.192) they close their eyes and ears and are silent when it comes to Isaiah 29:9-16. While Jehovah’s Witnesses are told by their Governing Body that it is Jehovah’s people that he will act on their behalf at Joel 3:2-16, 19, they close their eyes and ears and are silent when it comes to Joel 3:1, 21, as well as completely twist and misapply chapters 1 and 2 of Joel and close their eyes and ears and are silent when it comes to Joel 2:20 even thou they admit that the locusts (insect assault) is ‘the northerner’ in verse 20.

While the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses apply Revelation 11:2 as to coming upon them, it is claimed that it already occurred back in 1914-1918. This all (and of course more not mentioned here) is in order to maintain the ‘lie’ that ‘there is peace from Jehovah’ since 1919.

The inspection and cleansing work did not occur back at that time, it occurs upon those that are alive just prior to Armageddon arriving.

(Luke 19:43,44; Isaiah 29:2-4 Luke 21:20-24; Revelation 11:2; Revelation 13:5)

They have to be refined and cleansed to such a degree at that time (pre-Armageddon) because they are the ones that will live on in post-Armageddon without ever having to die.

[9-15-88 WT- Why, learning that Gog’s attack is imminent but that Jehovah will rescue His people ought to increase our faith and make us rejoice that such events will result in sanctifying God’s long-profaned name!—Ezekiel 39:1-29.]

[Ezekiel 39:23 And the nations will have to know that it was because of their error that they, the house of Israel, went into exile, on account of the fact that they behaved unfaithfully toward me, so that I concealed my face from them and gave them into the hand of their adversaries, and they kept falling, all of them, by the sword. 24 According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions I did with them, and I kept concealing my face from them.’]

[3-15-61 WT- Isaiah 29:4 reads: “And you must become low so that you will speak from the very earth, and as from the dust your saying will sound low. And like a spirit medium your voice must become even from the earth, and from the dust your own saying will chirp.”

The opening verse of Isaiah 29 shows that these words are addressed to Ariel, concerning which the footnote of the New World Translation states: “‘Ariel.’ Meaning, perhaps, ‘the altar hearth of God’; or, ‘the lion of God.’ Designating Jerusalem here.” This prophecy would therefore apply to spiritual Jerusalem as represented upon earth by the remnant.

These words show that God’s earthly organization would come under attack and would be reduced to a very low state by the enemies of God’s kingdom. God’s people would be, as it were, crushed to the earth, at the time of Gog’s attack upon them, so that what utterance they made, what vocal sounds they made, would come up from low down in their abasement. It would be sound coming up from the very dust of the earth. It would be as if a spirit medium were talking with the vocal sound coming from the dust of the earth. However, the next verses show that God would turn his attention to his faithful people who had been brought so low and he would work miracles on their behalf to deliver them from the power of the enemy so that their enemies and oppressors would become like dust and chaff that are quickly blown away by a violent windstorm.]

[Isaiah 29:13 And Jehovah says: “For the reason that this people have come near with their mouth, and they have glorified me merely with their lips, and they have removed their heart itself far away from me, and their fear toward me becomes men’s commandment that is being taught, 14 therefore here I am, the One that will act wonderfully again with this people, in a wonderful manner and with something wonderful; and the wisdom of their wise men must perish, and the very understanding of their discreet men will conceal itself.”

15 Woe to those who are going very deep in concealing counsel from Jehovah himself, and whose deeds have occurred in a dark place, while they say: “Who is seeing us, and who is knowing of us?” 16 The perversity of YOU men!]

[6-1-81 WT- Joel 3 2-16, 19 It tells us why Jehovah is angry with the nations—because of the way they have treated his servants. They scattered them among the nations, making slaves of them.]

[Joel 2:17 ‘Do feel sorry, O Jehovah, for your people, and do not make your inheritance a reproach, for nations to rule over them.’ Joel 3:2 I will also collect together all the nations and bring them down to the low plain of Je·hosh´a·phat; and I will put myself on judgment with them there on account of my people and my inheritance Israel, whom they scattered among the nations; and they apportioned out my own land.]

[Joel 1:6 For there is a nation that has come up into my land,]

[Ezekiel 38:16 In the final part of the days it will occur, and I shall certainly bring you against my land,]

[Isaiah 29:3 And I must encamp on all sides against you, and I must lay siege to you with a palisade and raise up against you siegeworks.]

[Luke 19:43 Because the days will come upon you when your enemies will build around you a fortification with pointed stakes and will encircle you and distress you from every side,]

[Ezekiel 39:23 And the nations will have to know that it was because of their error that they, the house of Israel, went into exile, on account of the fact that they behaved unfaithfully toward me, so that I concealed my face from them and gave them into the hand of their adversaries, and they kept falling, all of them, by the sword.]

[Luke 21: 20 “Furthermore, when YOU see Jerusalem surrounded by encamped armies, then know that the desolating of her has drawn near. 21 Then let those in Ju·de´a begin fleeing to the mountains, and let those in the midst of her withdraw, and let those in the country places not enter into her; 22 because these are days for meting out justice, that all the things written may be fulfilled. 23 Woe to the pregnant women and the ones suckling a baby in those days! For there will be great necessity upon the land and wrath on this people; 24 and they will fall by the edge of the sword and be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations, until the appointed times of the nations are fulfilled.]

[Revelation 11:2 But as for the courtyard that is outside the temple [sanctuary], cast it clear out and do not measure it, because it has been given to the nations, and they will trample the holy city underfoot for forty-two months.]

[Revelation 13:5 And a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies was given it, and authority to act forty-two months was given it. 6 And it opened its mouth in blasphemies against God, to blaspheme his name and his residence, even those residing in heaven. 7 And there was granted it to wage war with the holy ones and conquer them, and authority was given it over every tribe and people and tongue and nation.]
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This spiritual food is based on God’s Word. Thus, what is taught is not from men but from Jehovah

How could someone disregard and disobey Jesus Christ in his instructions toward his true followers be associated or identified with false teachers/prophets ?

Jesus actually gave instructions how to identify false prophets and what to do when you come across them.

Either you go by the words of the bible and god's guidance and direction or you don't and you become spiritually unclean in his eyes. .

This organization was built and started upon false teachings based from the bible , but those bible interpretations were falsely devised to be commercially attractive to mostly allure people to view and read those pieces of literature.

This is called religious charlatanism and it is unregulated in the United States.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    JWs don't relate to Jesus in the same way as early christians..

Copy that cofty!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

All of the above are great answers to the Thread title, but when discussing things with JW's I like to major on what they have got RIGHT !

Now, it isn't much, so it does not take the same time as what's wrong with the "religion", but if you learn to rattle off the few (?) things that are "right", then you can freely say : " But everything else you teach is WRONG ".

So what do they have right ?

1) If there is a god he will be, all Powerful, all Knowing, perfect in Justice and , above all, be the embodiment of Love.

2) There is no No. 2.

It is easy to prove that their god Jehovah fits none of the criteria in (1) and as already stated, the rest of what they teach is WRONG ! .

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    johnamos, what's with all the different colors! Did your mommy just buy you a box of crayons? Damn!
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

9-15-10 WT- The Governing Body publishes spiritually encouraging literature in many languages. This spiritual food is based on God’s Word. Thus, what is taught is not from men but from Jehovah.

God teaches and commands his true faithful followers to be obedient to his word , not cherry pick what you want to obey or recognize on your own accord. The WTS just self described its falsely devised commercialized teachings as spiritual food , another example of its inherent corruption.

See how the corruption of this religious publishing house works. lies to cover over previous made lies to make themselves righteously wholesome and truthful to the written word.

These self effacing lies did much for these men toward cultivating their own power and control over people as well cultivating enough money to continue and sustain what they have acquired toward themselves.

To say that Jehovah would choose corrupt false prophets as his direct channel of communication (1919) to all mankind is in essence calling Jehovah a false prophet, a money absorbing commercialized one.

• undercover
    undercover

WT doctrine: Adam created 6,000 years ago. Noah's world wide flood happened 4,000 years ago (give or take a few hundred).

Science: evidence shows man has been around far far longer than 6,000 years

Science: no evidence for a world wide flood.

If you can't get out of the first few chapters of Genesis with the doctrine intact, what's the point of going any further?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit