They are Still preaching against careers!

by LongHairGal 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And who is going to donate? Anyone understand how expensive this religion can get? At 2.50 per gallon for gas, you can easily burn through 40 US Toilet Papers per week--and there is no guarantee that gas will stay that cheap (it is that much worse in other parts of the world where gas is far more expensive). Dry cleaning can run another 20 per week. And, has anyone seen the price of going to McDonalds every day for lunch?

Additionally, you have other expenses that happen during the year. Grand Boasting Sessions can burn through another 300 or 400 US Toilet Papers per session, and that does not include donations. So you wish to do an Israel mission as they keep pushing? There goes another 7,500--and most of that is "Gotcha!" fees. Phones used for the ministry can cost another 1,800 per year to own and run--that is realistic, not those advertised $39.95 Unlimited Data* scams that have whole Talmuds' worth of fine Gotcha! print. Who, at these low salaries with part time work, can afford it?

Of course, all this is to generate the destitute, sickly seniors they need to perpetrate their poverty workings on everyone. Get people set up to suffer through their senior years, and then lord on everyone else how they are still serving this beady-eyed monster despite all. More souls, more energy for the reptilians to impose full Noahide Law on the whole earth before moving in and evicting all its current tenants.

I would rather be making huge amounts of money (honestly, of course--it does no good to create scams to make money because stealing usually ends up bringing bad luck) and living well than suffering stupidly. We suffer enough because of the Fed, because of the bible and the curses it placed on humanity, because of those who will give their lives to defend these curses and the source of them including hijacking world governments through whatever means necessary. Why make it even worse because you didn't take reasonable steps to prepare for your senior years or because you wasted resources pushing poverty and misery workings that end in Noahide Law?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

You would think at this point in time - after thousands of bethelites were sent home; many thousands of rank & file JWs are at or near retirement age with No preparation - that the religion would change its tune - you're right, any reasonable person would think that the religion would change its tune.

They are still stubbornly sticking to their guns on this issue - we're dealing with a religion that thinks all its members - including children - should refuse blood transfusions in life-threatening situations. Remember, too, that this religion's official policy is not to report (or encourage parents to report) allegations of child abuse unless the state explicitly requires it.

JWs aren't reasonable people, that much is clear.

Hopefully WT stubbornness will backfire on the organisation.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

@ LHG - Higher education encourages critical thinking - something which cults must eliminate.

@ WTWizard - $2.50 per gallon??? LOL!

European JW's are paying more than double that amount for their gas. You folks over the pond are well off.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I get your point WTWizard but where can I get gas for $2.50 a gal. at? Still Totally ADD.

• tiki
    tiki

Gas is less than $2.50 currently in this neck of the woods....in one of the most expensive states of the union. We get to pay hiked prices in other ways however... WTWizard makes some very good points.....

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The critical thinking and association has to be a lot of it. The policy makers have never had to pull their own weight, never really associate with Webelos and tell stories of the admirable people who walk 10 miles across crocodiles for meeting, on one leg. Look at the videos, homes most of couldnt afford depicted as average

Few of us want immense wealth or fame. ( i would prefer anonymity and wealth).

All the bible examples they hold up as examples had wealth. I remember the comments in a book about lydia " she was WEALTHY ". And abraham's tent did not come from Walmart

• hybridous
    hybridous

Once again, the WT seems firmly committed to generating for itself precisely the kinds of people

who can least bear the financial and intellectual burdens of actually maintaining this thing.

It's thinks like THIS that make me pause and consider the possibility that they actually believe their own nonsense,

This cult is on a slow but steady march toward its own demise. I kinda wish it would speed up, though. I'm tired of this crap.

• hoser
    hoser

Why do they preach against careers? Self preservation. If every jw got busy living their lives the organization would definitely collapse. The leaders would be out of a job.

In the past they needed to sell books to maintain their position. Now they need to flip real estate.

• carla
    carla

I wonder if some financial advisers out there could do well with the ex cult communities? How to build wealth or at least a bit when you leave a cult later in life!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    hoser - "Why do they preach against careers? Self preservation. ..."

Short-term, anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit