Pale Emperor Seems To Have Developed A Fetish

by pale.emperor 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Dont worry, this is safe for work... :)

Remember when we were JWs and we were told not to "model ourselves after the world"? Meaning no tattoos, no non-approved hairstyles, clothing to be not too tight, not too short etc etc etc? Lately i've found myself being drawn to exactly the type of people the JWs would look down upon.

Last week in my art class, i just had to speak to that girl with a shaved head and avant garde sytle.

A day later i took out a girl with a lip ring, one side on her head shaved (you know this trend?).

And today i struck up conversation with a girl with blue hair, tongue pierced and a full sleeve of manga tattoos.

Has anyone else noticed they're drawn to the exact opposite of JW standards since leaving?

No more JW girls for pale.emperor i can tell you!

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

I wouldn't say I'm attracted to people like this physically but I've met and know plenty and they're generally really, really nice people, interesting, engaging, intelligent... many of the things sadly lacking in the BOrg. One of my best friends has pink spiky hair and piercings.

• zeb
    zeb

she is pretty!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Has anyone else noticed they're drawn to the exact opposite of JW standards since leaving?

I've always been attracted to women that go against JW standards - educated, ambitious women. But more in line with what you're on about, I've also always been attracted (even as a JW) to girls with hair dyed some bright unnatural color. the piercing thing never interested me but some women can really make tattoos work.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Jw girls yuck!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I'm with OneEyedJoe -

Educated women in power careers is what I'm attracted to. The more intellectual the better. The more independent the better.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Educated women in power careers is what I'm attracted to. The more intellectual the better. The more independent the better.

I know what you mean. My last girlfriend was an Oxford graduate, Politics teacher and a feminist. She wouldnt last 2 seconds in a Kingdom Hall.

• oppostate
  • mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

I used to be attracted to the whole tattoo, piercing, anti-establishment thing- not so much anymore. I find myself attracted to personal integrity- in whatever form its packaged in. I personally found alot of people trying so hard to be different were actually just parroting someone else's trendy views - not so attractive.

I can see it's appeal though- it's kind of the forbidden fruit in JWism. The cool thing is that you can decide for yourself what you like so enjoy the ride.....

• Reazon22
    Reazon22

I was just thinking about all the pettiness we were told not to do.

1. Saying bless you after you sneeze - what's the harm?

2. Can't say Lucky (I've been corrected on many coassions to say fortunate)

3. I was scolded for buying girls scout cookies.

4. I think I read something about the dangers of Yoga!

5. I even saw something about toasting.

Feel free to addon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit