Ministry school

by road to nowhere 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

What is the purpose? The skits are not real. I have been assigned a reading again. The school overseer and the rotating counselor both read at 7th grade or so level. My council point is the good old pronounciation, emphasis, and not missing words. Neither of them can do it. I was one of the best sunday readers ever before I slowed down and so do not qualify. I never needed practice save for the once in a great while finding french, italian or such inserted. Even the 4 talk is spoonfed now, and I dont get it. I was a no show when the assignment was on the 1914 generation. I just couldnt lie or figure how to ridicule it.

I would like to get a talk about why Jesus, showing the overlapping generation, didnt put the chart right to left like Hebrew is written. ( joke rom a meme)

When wife dies I will work on a complete fade, now am stuck.

• waton
    waton

wt has stopped training young new, non-elder family speakers.. talent does not count, is seen as a threat.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Learning to do public speaking is the only useful part of the ministry school. I wanted to go to college for a career program, but stupid elders talked and boo-hooed to my parents to make me sling Watchtowers. Guess Watchtower gets more metal washers in the contribution box, I can't afford much, just these washers. Lol

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

Hello,

Ministry School ? My first time ( 1990-2000 ) you had to prepare your text

you had to search in publications ... you had to think not only repeat the text.

My last "interventions" was reading , before I go to read , I say my daughter, I will do to the

Elder and Congregation 'flip a finger'

https://s2.qwant.com/thumbr/0x0/e/4/c494a01863c7fc633e84b2af51531ab839b4ded2812c621fddfc2913b95da6/7f43160b8ed456d6a8950aaee352fc1b--window-stickers-window-decals.jpg?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F7f%2F43%2F16%2F7f43160b8ed456d6a8950aaee352fc1b--window-stickers-window-decals.jpg&q=0&b=1&p=0&a=1

And the Elder and congregation will approves my excellent Reading

I go before the congregation , open my bible ... and flip a finger , when I pull up my glasses

I see my daugtther laugh

I read ... and Elder and congregation approves my reading !

Today .. there was no need to school ministry ... School ministry is just a brainwashing method !

Best regards

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

The TMS is nothing more than a dog whistle to emotionally deprived people to get some accolades and momentary acceptance. They even have a name for this: Classical Conditioning. When a person grows up or exists in an emotionless vaccuum, they will do most anything for acceptance.

Change Psychology: Classical Conditioning - ChangeCom

• alanv
    alanv

For me it was one of the good things to come out of my time as a JW. It helped me stand up in front of an audience and speak confidently in my secular job.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    KL I am going to use the finger flip from now on. Great idea.
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I believe that in its origin, the Ministry School was invented in the WW2 years to support the WT claim that all JWs (men only at first) were ministers and could then get classified (ie: Qualified to be Ministers) as a minister and thus get draft exemption. In the Walsh case they presented this argument to support their stand. There was even a written exam for a time.

The 'school' has morphed into something else over the years, but I think that was the original impetus to introduce it into the weekly meetings.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

talent does not count, is seen as a threat.

Interesting observation!

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Probably helps with the tax exempt requirements for religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit