Lurkers! What Happened to the Puritans?

by metatron 13 Replies latest jw friends

• proplog2
    proplog2

Metatron:

Jehovah's Witnesses have reached a point of stagnation in most of the Nations they have been preaching in for the last 75 years. This is a sign that their work is finished - NOT that THEY are irrelevant. Jehovah's Witnesses require a huge investment of time from their members. They will never get much more than 2% of a population as members no matter how hard they try.

The scenario I see developing is this:

JW's have witnessed most thoroughly to the part of the world that is going to suffer the greatest damage during the Great Tribulation.

There are many scriptures that show that the Great Tribulation, though affecting everyone, is primarily on only a third of the Earth.

Rev. 8:7 "And the first one blew his trumpet. And there occured a hail and fire mingled with blood and it was hurled to the earth: and a THIRD of the earth was burned up"

JW's have witnessed to the whole world but have carried out their most thorough work in only a third of the earth - the prosperous realm of Christendom.

Another scripture that indicates non-JW survivors of the Great Tribulation -

Daniel 7:11 "I kept on beholding at that time because of the sound of the grandiose words that the horn was speaking; I kept on beholding until the beast was killed and its body was destroyed and it was given to the burning fire. BUT as for the REST OF THE BEAST their rulerships were taken away, and there was a lengthening in life given to them for a time and a season.

Revelation 19:20 gives a parallel account:

And the wild beast was caught and along with it the false prophet that performed in front of it the signs with which he misled those who received the mark of the wild beast and those who render worhsip to its image. While still alive they BOTH were hurled into the fiery lake that burns with sulphur.

Verse 21 shows that the armies that fought for the wild beast were NOT thrown into the lake of fire. Instead they are killed with a "long sword" indicating that these would qualify for resurrection. Death & Hades which "give up those dead in them" (Rev 20:13) is described as being given "authority...to kill with a "long sword". (Rev 6:8)

The puzzle thus assembled presents an intense tribulation that reaches a climax in the destruction of the major governmental culprits that have squandered all advantage from human technological advances in pursuit of domination through warfare.

The other 2/3 of the world will see this destruction and the deliverance of the "holy ones" . This group of people - scorned by the majority on this forum - are the ones referred to in Daniel 7:27

"And the kingdom and the rulership and the grandeur of the kingdoms under all the heavens were given to the people who are the holy ones of the Supreme One. Their kingdom is an indefinitely lasting kingdom and ALL THE RULERSHIPS (those who have their lives extended for a "time and a season") will serve and obey even them."

Jehovah's Witnesses have always been fixated on the "nearness" of Christs Return. Even to the point of believing [wrongly] that he is here. So what! Jesus and his apostles got this whole idea going in the first place. By the middle of the first century the early Christians figured out that Jesus wasn't coming "soon" - it was too late for that. Likewise JW's have gone about 120 years of anticipation. They now have given up on specific dates. This can mean one of two things: 1. they will now become like Christendom or 2. Christ will really return and reward these "fools" in the eyes of the world.

More prophetic ramblings: http://members.aol.com/proplog2/page1.htm

• metatron
    metatron

Farkel and others covered this better than I ever could.

The 'glory' days for the Watchtower are over. They are collectively senescent, ruled by unimaginative, cold-hearted,

and stiff-necked elderly Pharisees who desperately want the world to go away.

They are brothers under the skin to the many Muslim fanatics who arrogantly insist that God is on their side,

while progress leaves them in the dust.

The organization that once fought in the Supreme Court now fights for its right to cover up child molesters.

They are ideologically spent, intellectually bankrupt - they can't even publish literature anymore with a

correct bibliography because people might discover their misquotes and erroneous information.

They can't respond with any depth to their critics on subjects like blood because their 'theology'

is so full of holes.

The Watchtower is an edifice, a Potemkin village with a sign out front that says "Spiritual Paradise".

metatron

• willyloman
    willyloman

Wow, great thread, excellent posts (euphimism in particular). I'll limit my comments to one thing:

Jehovah's Witnesses have reached a point of stagnation in most of the Nations they have been preaching in for the last 75 years. This is a sign that their work is finished - NOT that THEY are irrelevant.

So now the work is finished? I vividly recall a CO telling me 25 years ago that they best was yet to come. I had told him an awful lot of really nice, intelligent, moral people were not remotely interested in the truth and asked why God wasn't calling them to his organization before the end came? He said these words: "We're beginning to see a large number of quality people coming into the organization."

He defined "quality people" to mean people with educations, jobs, whole families, who had their heads screwed on straight and were physically and emotionally healthy. He said this was all part of Jehovah's plan for the new system, because we were "obviously" going to need engineers and scientists and many other skills to rebuild the earth.

I'm still waiting for this influx, and now you're telling me it's over? I must have blinked.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Metatron:

Like many others (including most believers) you think religion is about reasonableness & truth. It isn't. It is about survival. Humans have survived because of their religions.

Guess what? The "God" of the Bible deceives, tells half truths (sometimes one eighth truths). Does that mean there is something better?

progress leaves them in the dust.

What really matters is who is standing when the dust settles.

Metatron - you are a narrow minded idealist. We don't live in an "ideal" universe and this includes God. There is no Ideal god. It appears that Jehovah is the great pragmatist. He knows our limited capacity. The Rock "adequate" is his activity.

Jehovah's Witnesses ARE arrogant. They will be as shocked as the rest of the world when they realize their function.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit