Sept 15th 2003 Watchtower Page 26-30

by stillajwexelder 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joenobody
    joenobody

Hear hear Francois! That has been a longstanding beef I have had. They teach that Jesus fulfilled the Law, but then turn around and quote it's "principles" as "guidelines" (not laws) that Christians should follow. I never could figure out how they could manage that feat.

• lulu
    lulu

There is an 'elder' who is very much involved in local politics in fact he is the treasurer( surprise, surprise!!). living in the road next to me. Tells everyone he is an accountant, there is no Government records anywhere in Australia saying that is so, do you think that it makes him a liar. Well, well,well. Fancy that!!

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Great comments by everyone!

Francois, AMEN to your post!

Robhic, if I am not mistaken, the Watchtower Society teaches that anyone who hides and covers-up fornication will be destroyed at Armageddon.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

bttt - just because there is a thread on resurecting old posts

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I was given the blood of Christ, but I can't find where to return the unused portion...

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

a shameless bump to the top folks sorry - just wanted to bring my very first topic started to the top

• golf2
    golf2

Why don't they apply James 1:27, helping the orphans and widows? Solomon said in Eccl.12:13, "The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments. For this is the whole obligation of man. This same thought is expressed in 1John 5:3 but adds, "...and yet his commandments are not burdensome, because everything that has been born from God conquers the world. And this is the conquest that has conquered the world, our faith."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit