Sean Connery Dead at age 90

by frozen2018 14 Replies latest jw friends

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

One of my favorite actors. RIP Sir Sean.

• LV101
    LV101

RIP my fave actor (and I've very few - never star crazed as my mother was) but he was GREAT! World's most popular/famous 007.

• minimus
    minimus

A class act

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Him and Steve McQueen. Hats off, the world is bleaker without him. RTP

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

He was a very good actor, even in a Movie with a doubtful Script or Plot or both ! he gave it Class, and gave it his all. Jusht Shometimes the Accshent would not quite fit the character he was playing, but he was SO good you could ignore that !

I think too that, not just a great Actor, he was a nice guy too.

Another bit of my Past has gone.

R.I.P Sean , the one and only James Bond for me.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

apart from his iconic Bond movies..i also liked him in The Anderson Tapes and Marnie.

remember THE suit in Goldfinger ?

[​IMG]

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PHIZZY:

Yeah, Connery was great! R.I.P.

He was probably one of the best who did James Bond. You nailed the speech thing..funny but that seemed to happen over time as I don’t think he sounded like that in his earlier films.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Talent and class, the orginal Mr Bond.

• Simon
    Simon

He'll always be Bond.

Great in other movies too, always with the Scottish accent whether he was playing a Russian or a Spaniard, you just didn't care.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Oh please be a little broad minded. Why can't Anthony Morris be Bond? He drinks the right brand of Whisky.

James Bond Day coincides with the October 5, 1962 release of the first James Bond Film, Dr. No, starring Sean Connery as agent 007.

Throughout the various films and novels, Bond indicates his preferences for many different drinks, including Scotch blends and most recently, single malts, such as "The Macallan."

One of the drinks featuring in Skyfall is a 50 year old Macallan whisky, which arch-villain Silva mentions is Bond’s favourite. Another vintage Macallan is seen on M’s desk early on in the film, a 12 year old vintage.

https://www.curiousandunusualtartans.com/daysoftheyear/The-Macallan

If they change the word Armageddon to Skyfall they could use this as a new Kingdom Melody. Can you picture them singing it on Zoom?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeumyOzKqgI

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit