Were You FORCED To Become a Jehovah's Witness? .... Then Why Did You Stay?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Those that eventually leave the organization usually do so after a period of time. While a person ruminates over what they are dealing with, they begin to see the need to get help to get out. It's a gradual process. But once a person finds the way to leave, almost nothing can make the person return to the organization.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Wise words, O Red M&M. I feel the same way.

Nina

• talesin
    talesin

nilfun said it for me

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Very similar to Tinkerbell, "Not while you are living under my roof!!" was a common threat.

I escaped home at 16 without a dunking.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I did wander back around '75, the motivation, fear.

No fear now, I am free.

....just not free of the quagmire of having a JW wife, parents, kids, friends and extended family.

• Francois
    Francois

If you are FORCED, the implication is that for some reason you are FORCEABLE. This is obvious. The ambiguous part here is your question. You apparently weren't thinking too deeply when you asked it.

Frank Tyrrell

• minimus
    minimus

Frank, what are you trying to say???

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Like most others born into it.... I was not given a choice. My parents were doing what they thought was right and would have basically forced me to go to meetings as long as I was living under their roof. But they didn't have to force me... I was doing it willingly.

• Latin assassin from Manhattan
    Latin assassin from Manhattan

I was forced like every other teen in the Org. But I stayed because the action was amazing. I can't remember living a month without a hot sis' in my life.

• Francois
    Francois

Minimus, I already said it. If you were forced in, obviously you were forceable at that time. Therefore you were powerless to do anything about it, like leave. You had no option but to stay. Your question constitutes a non sequitur. Would an example help?

You are a ten year old kid, forced into the JWs. Five years later, you still fail of your majority, you are still forceable, so still you stay. Perhaps you should have put your question with a little more thought and detail, huh?

Frank Tyrrell

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit