Mass baptism nullification 10/2/16 #unJW

by rebel8 12 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

I thought I would rework this and try it again. :)

I found an old baptism nullification letter here written by poster Balsam, and revised it a bit.

I really think we should do a large-scale baptismal nullification request. Letter and more info here.

I am concerned there is no way to track how many people did it. When Mormons did their mass resignations, they did it in a park and could count all the applications. If I ask people to just send their own letters, I would have no way of knowing how many were sent. I tried setting up online surveys/petitions to collect signatures for the letter, but they were either rejected for TOS violations or the free sites do not allow enough signatures.

Beyond curiosity, the number is important in order to get media attention. If we can't quantify it, it may be "not news".

Or maybe if we could get it trending on social media (#unJW), that would be a way to tell if it went viral.

Thoughts?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    I hate to say it but I once, innocently, called for mass protest to a site or organization and didn't realize it was actually spamming. That is not allowed on here so I assume someone will bring it up and take down your post. Could be wrong but who knows?
  • Simon
    Simon

I don't see any reason to object to it if anyone wants to do it.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    Armchair activism accomplishes precisely nothing, especially with JWs
  • nelim
    nelim
    Simon....
  • rebel8
    rebel8

accomplishes precisely nothing, especially with JWs

As I stated, JWs are not the target of this activity.

• Island Man
    Island Man

accomplishes precisely nothing, especially with JWs

As I stated, JWs are not the target of this activity.

Yes we need to think beyond the sleeping JWs. Activism isn't all about reaching JWs. It should be first and foremost about reaching the public, educating the public - inoculating the public. Then the public will do the rest when the JWs come to their doors.

So never be too concerned about a particular method not being effective at reaching JWs. Instead think about if it will raise public awareness.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Barrold Bonds - "Armchair activism accomplishes precisely nothing, especially with JWs."

I disagree.

Some of the best deconstructions of WT ideology (an aspect of the XJW experience which should never be underestimated) have been written by "armchair activists".

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Bump, because I think this has potential.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    If someone could get it rocking and rolling then it would have something really going for itself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit