A Reminder of the time when Jerusalem was a Christian City

by fulltimestudent 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

David_Jay

You win! Your post is right, mine is wrong.

One of the more subtle ways of telling the other person to "SHUT UP", I would think?

Seriously though, you have just reminded me that while vigorous debating is a very necessary process, it ought to only ever be confined to matters of life and death. (Although we could all too easily get into a vigorous debate about what matters come under the heading "Life and Death"!!!)

My interest in the matters under discussion here is as a history buff, and in particular Middle East history. I cannot explain why, but I have always had a particular fascination with the Middle East. (Perhaps this is what partly explains how I ended up becoming ensnared with the JWs? I still cannot answer that one). As I may have already mentioned regarding other threads, I have always appreciated your posts, introducing as they do thoughts from a Jewish perspective. Something quite foreign to most of us, I'm sure.

I only ask that in all fairness you go back and look back at what you offered:

You have piqued my curiosity here, and I certainly shall do as you suggest. On this and other matters, I am happy to be corrected.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

fulltimestudent,

You have a PM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit