Things WT Would Have To Do To Be An Acceptable Religion

by JW_Rogue 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    What would that leave them that sets them apart from any other Protestant evangelical church?

You forgot about the whole Paradise Earth thing, they need that to be unique.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    We need to bombard headquarters with this list. It's simple, concise and reassuring; give us what we want and we'll go away.

No, they listen to "honest hearted ones", once you disagree with them about something major you are no longer considered "honest hearted"

• millie210
    millie210

I think most of these are potentially possible by degrees except

4b

and 7

1 and 2 are already happening in some areas but quietly.

3 is being forced on them - they will have no choice.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    The Catholic church has stopped opposing evolution. Although they don't publicize their stance it is in the foreword of a Catholic Bible. It basically says that Genesis is an allegory and God created man through evolution. That is a stance I think many religions will start taking as evolution becomes more accepted.
  • Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

Great thread...I agree with rogues original list and finkelsteins additons...

Possibly I'm duplicating but:

drop all titles and pressure to 'do more'

no more star chamber judicial proceedings

admit you have been 'presumptuous' and that you are not the one true channel, your just trying like all the other Christians in the earth....

stop being masters of our faith in all manner of minutiae

oh and BTW, quite a few Protestant religions believe in paradise earth 'in the end', in the recreation and reconciliation to God...was a shocker to me too.

• millie210
    millie210
    JW_Rogue
    The Catholic church has stopped opposing evolution. Although they don't publicize their stance it is in the foreword of a Catholic Bible. It basically says that Genesis is an allegory and God created man through evolution.

Interesting. Thank you for sharing that. JW_Rogue.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    There is no such thing as an acceptable religion. So the WTBTS doesn't need to do anything. LOL
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

....... and of course the biggest change would be to stop being arrogant assholes who think their version of Christianity is above all others.

Its not, it was founded upon ignorance and corruption involving a publishing house by disingenuous

self indulgent men.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast
    Then rebrand themselves as "Church of England".
  • mynameislame
    mynameislame
    What they need to do is find a way to push out the people on the fence. Then phase out the religion to keep the totally hard core JWs from jumping off bridges.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit