• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Peace ?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Dunno. A bit before my time.

• St George of England
    St George of England

In 1897 someone wrote to Russell to ask how the system could continue for another 17 years as things were so bad. His reply was that 1914 was not the end but the beginning, by then Armageddon would all be over and everything restored to perfection and the Holy Ones would be home in heaven.

George

• scholar
    scholar

Boogerman

Gentile Times

Birth of God's Kingdom

Expulsion of Satan the Devil and his demons from Heaven to the Earth

Outbreak of the Great War

scholar JW

• Simon
    Simon

What ended in 1914?

Something way more impactful than any religious nonsense.

The classical gold standard.

Money became fiction, to be manipulated and devalued at the whims of politicians.

Now they can steal your wealth without the inconvenience of having to knock on your door.

https://www.gold.org/history-gold/the-classical-gold-standard#:~:text=The%20classical%20Gold%20Standard%20existed,specie%2Dbacked%20bank%20issue%20notes.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

the Revenue Act of 1913 (US) created the Income tax we have all come to know and love

• waton
    waton

On the street i was raised, 1914 ended the construction of ornate buildings adorned with statues of beautiful ladies, and the start of building bare basic housing.

• Judgerussellford
    Judgerussellford

Secularly, my great grandpa Charlie used to say since 1914 the world hasnt known true peace. He was never a witness. Just lived through both world wars and the great depression. Guess peace ended in 1914 if you were to ask him

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit