Are YOU a JW parasite?

by The Fall Guy 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Every single member of The Worldwide Order of Special Full-Time Servants of Jehovah’s Witnesses (yb16 p. 176 2015 Grand Totals) – which includes ALL of the Governing Body, ALL Bethelites, EVERY JW missionary, EVERY Circuit Overseer, and ALL Special Pioneers – are worse than people without* faith!

Why? Because they have all signed a vow of poverty which renders them as parasites, living off other people's earnings. Where in the Bible is that a “principle”?

The hardest working apostle (Paul) never expected anyone to support him when he was witnessing. He worked to pay his own way in life.

* (1 Timothy 5:8) “Certainly if anyone does NOT provide for those who are his own, and especially for those who are members of his household, he has disowned the faith and is worse than a person without faith.”

(2 Thessalonians 3:10) “If anyone does NOT want to work, neither let him EAT.”

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

They would say that they work for free and that they PROVIDE spiritual food and care for the household of faith

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Yup, but they are still leeches who live off other people's earnings!

Why don't they follow Paul's example? Not one single (honest!) Bible character spent their life scrounging off of others!

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Buddy they will throw scriptures like :

2 Corinthians 8:4,; 9:1 so that an equalizing may take place. those who are rich or better off financially could contribute from their surplus to offset the needs of the others.

Matthew 25:40 The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'

So consider it as doing for jokovah and hesus. It is such an honor to be able to give something back to god!

All taken to serve their own needs.

2014/09/15 washtowel Study edition has this to say on the subject: Remebr those in the full time ministry, para 4:question how are their material needs met? at times they received hospitality and other forms of aid from fellow bros and siss but never demanded such help ( REALLY SO TODAY?????).

If you want to read further read the whole article.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

They ie paul n such ones had part time jobs to fulfil their needs!

Zing

• Giordano
    Giordano
    Why? Because they have all signed a vow of poverty which renders them as parasites, living off other people's earnings.

Only a dumb shit would come to that conclusion. Maybe that happens in England and other countries but not in the USA. Maybe the special pioneers signed a vow of Poverty but us regular Pioneers were on our own. We worked side jobs so we could buy food.

Being in Bethel in the late 1950's to 1960's meant only board and room. In return Bethel provided an allowance of $14 a month. That's right $14 freaking dollars a month just about enough to ride the subway three times a week to get to your appointed congregation.

The $14 a month was for a Five and a Half day WEEK....... 4 weeks a month. Let me break it down for you, this was hard labor and their pay was basically 30 cents an hour. So I don't know what the fuck your talking about.

Everybody worked. Be it Bethel, the missionaries, pioneers, circuit servants and everybody who served in the congregations.

No one of that class was abusing any tax payer or community funding. It was up to them to go it alone. I was one of those people 100 to 150 hours in service scrambling to find.....any...... by the hour..... job.... so I could buy a few cans of food and instant coffee.

As always idiot opinions make up their own fiction.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

THE FALL GUY:

👍🏻When I came in to the JWs in the US in the late 70s, all the older people in the congregation were collecting their pensions..They had been in the workforce!! But yet this bullshit about pioneering and living on the edge was promoted to ME as a young single woman. They wanted me to pursue poverty and do favors for all the Users! I wasn’t buying it.

This fervor for pioneering and not working escalated in the next decade or so and pressure was put on people to pioneer. But, I never lost sight of the fact that all those older people made sure they provided for themselves. So I ignored this frenzy.

I was never invited anywhere and my friends were few..That was okay because I made sure I never gave so much as a dime to the deadbeat pioneers and ignored idiot suggestions that I SHOULD BE charitable to these people as if I OWED them something!!!

Now I am Retired and very glad I paid NO attention to the chorus of older people early on who tried to push this on me. I also don’t care about any of my Baby Boomer peers who lived on the edge and never really worked. They can go ask somebody ELSE for money and assistance!

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Wow Giordano, you've obviously not carefully read the post.

Exactly who/what paid for your room & board and gave you your $14 dollars per month? Donations, charity. You were living off others for your accommodation and meals. That's the truth.

Your "hard labour" was self-inflicted and given voluntarily! Hence the vow of poverty. Or am I genuinely missing something?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Had a CO sit here and tell all the world vacations he has done. Nothing I could afford. None was on his own money.

• waton
    waton

look at the jump /gap from pioneer., 100 hrs a month, self sustained,-- to special pioneer, 150 hours a month and $ 45.- wt handout. 30 c /hour. yes it came from profits, contributions. but the parasitizing come from the feeling of smug entitlement at another level.

All the "holy" books, the bible were written by the class that profited from their religion, no wonder you will find texts that favour their non-contribution to the production of the sustenance for the community.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit