Excellent Conversation At Literature Trolley

by cofty 87 Replies latest jw experiences

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

excellent discussion,

but feel bad for bursting their bubble. they must go home so deflated and anxious.

your the the un -witness lol ' saving people from the WT mind prison , one at at a time! '

you need a cape and a side kick, lol

• dozy
    dozy
    Thanks for sharing. Sounds like an interesting , albeit frustrating conversation.
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Good morning,

It reads like a nice civil exchange of words and ideas. Decent.

Well done.

DY

• jambon1
    jambon1

A really good discussion cofty

I was in the west end of Edinburgh on Saturday and saw the carts at the corner of Princes Street.

I would like to engage witnesses but many would still recognise me from ten years ago and it would cloud their view of the discussion.

I have to say that they look about the most depressed people alive.

Imagine standing on the streets of one of the greatest cities in the world, looking like you need about fifty packets of citilopram shoved down your throat.

Go out and enjoy yourselves.

Smile ffs.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Can anyone update me on the reasons why the Chelmsford project is a 'debacle'?

What's happened?

• bohm
    bohm

jambon1:

It's what didn't happen!.

Last fall when we got the reports about the world-wide money problems one of the big news was the Chelmsford was temporarily halted. I think the current word is that construction is happening albeit slowly and the project has been scaled back dramatically. IIRC there was a big JWTV thing on Chelmsford before the money news broke which (i think!) included models of the finished project. I hope someone will be able to revisit and compare those with the finished project eventually.

• Watchtower-Free
  • TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie
    Oh how excellent you are, Crofty - should I fall down on my knees now and worship you for how you managed to show how utterly stupid the JWs you met were?
  • cofty
    cofty

Thanks for the comments and feedback.

I have been thinking about how the conversation went and what I might do different. I will post my ideas later.

Just to say for the moment that I think caring about somebody and pointing out why they are wrong are not mutually exclusive. I also think it is a fallacy that you can't argue somebody out of a belief.

Just in and on my way back out.

Later.

• cofty
    cofty
    Old Hippy - what has got into you recently? Are you ok?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit