Excellent Conversation At Literature Trolley

by cofty 87 Replies latest jw experiences

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Nice one Cofty!
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    good work, I never ever miss a chance to speak with them.
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

Great convo Cofty!

Eden

• purrpurr
    purrpurr
    I salute you cofty! Excellent anti witnessing!
  • Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    Hi Cofty, sound like you had a respectable conversation with this guy. If its the John I know who is in my cong and who often does the metro work, he is a genuine nice man. It was good that he had an ' agree to disagree attitude'. For eg, I beleive in creation, BUT like John am willing to listen peoples view respectfully. I would love to have your boldness Cofty.
  • bohm
    bohm

Quite an amazing conversation, I am very impressed how you were able to turn it into a personal conversation on your own views of the organization. It is a damn good idea to hammer on the cartoons. If they don't sit 100% well with him, he is going to have you in the back of his .every.damn.time. they play one of those at an assembly or meeting.

I have almost been hoping to talk with some witness, however they seem to never be around where I live for the past few years.

A thing I might have done differently than you would be that the comment the books were written by men would be too good to let pass. I think an important followup is "So you say we cannot trust something that is written by men?" with the intention of immediately moving on to ask who wrote the literature he is offering and then go on to question him when one can trust something and when one cannot trust it.. the fundamental hypocrisy of rejecting evolution without having studied it is I think the biggest weakness of most JWs.

Are you familiar with Anthony Magnaboscos youtube chanel?

• freddo
    freddo

The fact you were able to shift from evolution to your being an ex-elder without him running away was excellent.

The fact that you got through to his true feelings and were able to talk knowledgeably about Blood; about Chelmsford/Money/Sophia and Caleb etc. is testimony to your social skills. If he remembers and came in for '75 he must be at least in his fifties or sixties.

Bravo!

Both he and the younger sister will never forget that conversation.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I get you're point Cofty, but are you really trying to help him as an individual the way you helped me and many others on this site.

You are very good at debate, but is winning the argument the best way to wake people up?

The fact you showed me how much you cared about me got me out the WT, not the fact that a God does not exist, because I still believe in God.

Show them how much you care, not how much you know.

Kate xx

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

I am quite surprised at Cofty's experience...hitting dubs with facts about evolution rarely works...heck any facts doesn't matter...as they are trained to accept what the GB says "as fact".

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Well, that's what I like to hear. Wish I'd been a fly on the ....er......was there a wall there?

I'm glad that the bloke, John, didn't clam up and shun you.

A grand experience. Thanks for sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit