TV actress Ja'Net Dubois has passed away.

by NoAbuse 13 Replies latest jw friends

• NoAbuse
    NoAbuse

She was very active in the 1970's then kind of faded away. I remember her mostly as "Weezy" on 'The Jeffersons' but she also played the mother 'Mrs. Evans' on 'Good Times'.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I believe she wrote and performed the opening theme song for the Jeffersons..

• under the radar
    under the radar

Actually, she didn't play Weezy on The Jeffersons. Isabel Sanford played Weezy.

Ms. Dubois did, however, co-write and sing "Movin' On Up," the theme song for The Jeffersons. What a catchy tune! It'll cheer just about anybody up.

• NoAbuse
    NoAbuse

Actually, she didn't play Weezy on The Jeffersons. Isabel Sanford played Weezy.

That's right. I don't know why I said Weezy. I meant Florence.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Willona. Her character's name was Willona and Janet Jackson played her daughter Penny.

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

Who?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Ja'Net was on "Good times" rather than on the Jeffersons but she wrote (and sang) the Jeffersons themes song "Movin' on up'" as a promise to her mother regarding how things would be when she (Ja'Net )became famous.

I think Florence, the Jeffersons maid was played by Marla Gibbs.

• out4good4
    out4good4

Wow.....just Wow......

• NoAbuse
    NoAbuse

I think Florence, the Jeffersons maid was played by Marla Gibbs.

You're right. It's been a long time since i've seen an episode. Dubois played Helen Willis that lived across the hall.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    You're right. It's been a long time since i've seen an episode.Dubois played Helen Willis that lived across the hall.

Yeah and since we're just making stuff up, let's not forget she also played the part of the "The Fonz" on "Happy Days" and First Officer Spock on Star Trek. She used to attend the same Kingdom Hall as I did back in the 70's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit