been their, done that

by olongapo joe 3 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• olongapo joe
    olongapo joe
    Ok, I was never baptized, raised jw from one yr old till 15 yr old, never really believed, joined U.S. Navy at 20 yr old. I used to think(still do) how much the jw organization was like the military! How do you say? To advance, you have to hit certain marks, ( for the military you need high marks in physical fitness) (( could that be field service for jw's?)) For the military you need( Combat action ribbon) / national defense ribbon)(( basically a been there done that ribbon)) For jw's could that be missionary service/ needs greater service? Basically the jw's are the same as any other outfit, the more checks you get in the box, the higher you advance.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Yeah, except witness 'medals' are earned by being 'spiritual'. Which is so ridiculous isn't it. As if spirituality can somehow be graded, ranked. Or as if anyone needs to be sizing up anyone else's spirituality, ever!
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

My husband is a retired army warrant officer, I sometimes see correlations between his military service and my time as a JW, they were both a big part of our life's, affected who we were friends with and how we lived our lives in a huge way. The Big difference being he got paid and now has a retirement income and health benefits for life for his twenty five years, while I have nothing to show for my thirty years of servitude.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Yeah, except witness 'medals' are earned by being 'spiritual'. Which is so ridiculous isn't it. As if spirituality can somehow be graded, ranked. Or as if anyone needs to be sizing up anyone else's spirituality, ever!''

Class distinctions very evident. Which governs who you have for friends and which clique you are in if anything. Major cause of dissatisfaction in the ranks of JW's leading to depression and all kinds of other mental disorders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit