Minions - new Smurfs?

by Festus 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Festus
    Festus

A friend of mine told me that her witness relative from West Coast had reacted to Minions (child animation) in a same way that some jdubs reacted to Smurfs.

Aka she claimed that Minions are "from Satan".

Has anyone else heard this?

Well I guess Harry Potter, LOTR etc has received similar recption....nothing new in that sense.

• Biahi
    Biahi

So silly, making a big deal out of nothing, and ignoring real issues in the JDubs. Kind of like Michelle Duggar calling deviled eggs “angel eggs”, but ignoring her son molesting his sisters and others.

• blondie
    blondie

My questions are when someone says something like this: 1) did the person who told you this hear this from the WTS or who 2) if they were told by someone who was told by someone who was told by someone, and no one knows how this started 3) what has the WTS said about this in print...I was told by 3 GB members that they did not believe something like this unless it was in the printed WT on the table in their Bethel room when they got home from work. Not even if another GB member told them. If appointed male jws are telling you things like this, they do not have official approval from the WTS. (not that they don't but don't pass it along, trying to get attention for some exclusive, sensational info).

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Very wise Blondie..... Mind you , I would not put it past some JW extremist to say this, but we should not judge an organisation by its nuttyist member.

BTW it is great to see you on here. I see now that I have missed your recent posts .

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Smurfs, Cabbage patch kids, going to the gym, LOTR, Harry Potter, have all come into the JW radar over the years.

I’m just curious but was going to the gym, seen as been un-theocratic. Or was it just a thing confined to my local area.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

No it must be one extra-dumb JW, many I know have minion toys for the kids and minion memes for the adults in FB/IG.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

Going to the gym was frowned upon, much like getting higher education. I'm a bookworm by nature and would study something to it's end. I was told by an elder that we don't have to think. The " Organization " has done the thinking for us. After getting an education I saw why they frown on education. Once you educate yourself you will see all the cracks in Watchtower. Then, the jig is up!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FOOLEDNOMORE:

Wow, I can’t believe somebody was stupid enough to actually come out and say this: Don’t Think. We’ll do it for you.🙄

This is an insult to anybody’s intelligence in the most literal sense of the word. I always said the JW religion hates thinking people with a passion!

• Simon
    Simon

It's just someone effectively wanting to wave a flag and shout "look everyone, behold how righteous I am!!"

Also, they like to shit on anything that gives kids any small amount of joy in their lives, because everyone needs to be as miserable as they are.

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

I have heard this critism of satanic minions among JWs here in the UK. Mind you it was from the same JW sister who used to quote the loony David Icke on her Facebook page, so a lot of the congregation would have given her ideas a wide berth anyway. Mind you David Icke's lunacy is no better or worse than that of the Watchtower's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit