Misheard song lyrics

by jhine 15 Replies latest social entertainment

• jhine
    jhine

I thought that as there seems to have been some very serious sh-stuff being discussed lately maybe a light hearted thread might be in order . I was thinking about misheard song lyrics ( Climb Every Woman ) and it seemed a good topic for a thread .To start off for many years l thought that Fat Boy Slim was singing about some very posh shoes with funk soul rubber on the bottom .

Has anyone else realised that they have been singing the wrong words ? Or maybe heard someone else getting it wrong .

Jan

• Simon
    Simon

"Excuse me, while I kiss this guy" - Jimmy Hendrix

These are good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euQ9EgPG1fM

Apparently, your brain can be fooled to hear a certain sound if you've been primed to hear it. There is an example where you hear whatever word you decide to read from the same sound, even though the words are pretty different.

https://twitter.com/im_Mogambo/status/1344219870653628416

• Angharad
  • Angharad
    Angharad

Lol Simon beat me to it

• TD
    TD

My sister-in-law thought the Winter Wonderland Christmas song that went, "Later on we'll conspire as we dream by the fire" went "Later on we'll perspire..."

• Funky
    Funky

A couple of my favorites:

Billy Idol's "Eyes Without a Face" --> "How'z about a date?"

AC/DC's "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" --> "Dirty Deeds and the Thunder Chief"

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

"climb every woman "

err--no. only the live ones.

• minimus
    minimus

There was a song called Venus by the Shocking Blue. My cousin reported me to my mother because I was “singing a bad song”. My mother sat me down and questioned me about my music choices. When I had no clue what she was talking about, she said you know...Denise says I sing this called “ You’re my penis...” I told it was VENUS! She sheepishly apologized for getting it wrong. Lol I was 14 then. Ahhh the good old days!

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

"There's a bathroom on the right."

Instead of: "There's a bad moon on the rise."

C'mon, you all heard it that way, too, right?

• ElderEtta
    ElderEtta

The 70s hit Feelngs was a perfect vehicle for Felix and would drive my kids crazy when we were in the car going somewhere

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit