Do You Think Many Jehovah’s Witnesses Truly Believe?

by minimus 19 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I did for many years even if I had doubts that I would put on the back burner. But I thought the majority of Witnesses believed, even if they were “weak” in the faith.

Obviously, we have elders , pioneers and ministerial servants that are here and they are not true believers.

Do you think many JWs simply do not believe what they are preaching??

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Do many of them even know what it is they are supposed to be preaching? Furthermore, one gets the feeling that this no longer matters too much. Not like in the day when the JWs used to rubbish members of the "Churches of Christendom" for not understanding what they were supposed to believe in!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

While I think there is a sizeable percentage of PIMO's in the Congs, (surely at least 10%), those that are "IN" (PIMI) are TRUE BELIEVERS that JW are The Truth(™).

Of course, THE VAST MAJORITY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY "BELIEVE" (or what JW's believe).

They are like dogs pulling a dogsled -- all they are doing is following the asshole ahead of them who is taking the lead. Same for most JWs.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I would say 85 percent believe most of the crap.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I think,I can look back at fellow JWs from my past and now realise who wasn’t really fully committed to the doctrines. What is interpreted as ‘not reaching out’ or a little ‘independently minded’ in reality I believe was doubt.

• minimus
    minimus

I saw many Witnesses at my brother’s funeral and they all “seemed” like they were genuine. But who the hell knows??

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yes I think many if not most believe some idealized panda petting version of "the truth" and in their version "Jehovah" knows their heart and will look out for them and turn a blind eye to their faults and not kill babies and little doggies etc etc.

Then there are the ones who don't really care about the beliefs and probably don't even know what they are supposed to believe and their reasons for being there are purely social.

There are ones that have doubts but would never say it out loud.

• minimus
    minimus

For many Jehovah’s Witnesses they would have to ask the question where are we supposed to go? After decades of being isolated from everyone normal, I’m sure it could be terrorizing to even think about what it would be like to venture out of the organization.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

Not too long ago I went to the typical JW infomercial memorial talk for an older person I knew.

I said hello to the few decent JWs that I liked and assume these people ‘believe it’ for the most part and have nowhere else to go and would be too old to start over.

One thing I can say: ...these people did not have my circumstances and could never relate to what I went through. I also think many JWs give the religion the “imperfect” man excuse and are in major denial and are there for association.

• minimus
    minimus

Lhg I agree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit