Enjoyed a Movie with My Future Roommates

by Saethydd 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2 yesterday. (Great movie by the way, perfect mixture of action and comedy in my opinion.) I told my family I would go by myself because they were all going to be at my sister's graduation. (which she did not want me to attend because she wouldn't be able to talk to me.) That was in fact my plan, however, when I told my future roommates that I was going to see a movie they invited me to come with them instead.

It was a lot of fun. The original movie time we planned to see wasn't being shown at the theater for some reason so instead we went out to lunch and then played a few rounds of mini golf. Now the rest of them had all been friends for over ten years, and yet I didn't feel left out in this group like I did among the JW cliques when I tried to make friends at conventions and assemblies. These people included me in the conversation and were actually very understanding about the issues I've got with my family. We joked and laughed the whole day, and yes it was oftentimes at things JWs would find highly inappropriate, but I realized, "I don't give a damn."

I feel good about the place I've chosen to go after I leave my parents house. It's really nice to feel unconditional friendship for the first time in my life.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The greatest revenge is living a happy and successful life!

• longgone
    longgone

I'm glad it went so well, good for you! 👌

• smiddy
    smiddy

It sounds like you had a great "normal" day and not a "contrived happyfying " day.

Good for you

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

It's good to hear you're finding genuine friends. Pity about your family! Hope your new roommates made up for missing the graduation, sounds like they did.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Good for you. My best friend is a goldfish. He doesnt say much but is will not judge me. Long live worldly friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit