Why do so many JW's argue that they do not believe what they clearly do?

by Crabby 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Saename
    Saename
    Dunedain - It is looked at as a "badge of courage" of sorts. It is also looked at as a defining action, or non-action, that binds JW's together.

Yup. When I was still in high school as an unbaptised publisher, I never stood up to the Canadian anthem because of Jehovah's Witness beliefs. I've been called different kinds of things by my colleagues because of that; for instance, I have once been called Hitler. When some of the Witnesses in my congregation learned about it, they thought that I'm serious about my faith (and I was at the time.) Then, they surely did approach me with a different attitude—sort of "call me if and when you wanna meet up," etc.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'd say the majority of JWs do not know what they believe until after they've consulted with an Elder, or their Bible Study Conductor, or some older JW in their Cong (who may very well give them the wrong answer because they don't know either). Just the way it is. DOC

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The best liars are the ones that lie to themselves.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Jehovah's Witnesses do not know today what they will be told to believe tomorrow. Hence they cannot believe tomorrow what they believe today. As such they cannot commit to what they believe today. This is in harmony with the inspired writings of James who stated that in the last days of this system of things "you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow." - James 4:14

• smiddy
    smiddy

Jehovah`s Witnesses do not know in a nutshell what they believe today .

I doubt very much if the average Jehovah`s Witness today knows what they believed in Charles Taze Russells day , Rutherfords day , or Knorrs day ,let alone Freddie Franz`s day

And most of them are clueless as to what they should be teaching today , am I keeping up with Jehovah`s chariot ? , it keeps changing so often.

The average Jehovah`s Witness is so very ignorant of their own historical beginings 102 years ago.

• Crabby
    Crabby

Saename JW's can not explain their own theology, they just ramble from lie to lie. Seriously I ask one JW what would happen if God forgot all of his knowledge on the way back to Earth, then ask what could he do without knowledge. He admitted nothing, I then told him that he just admitted that a God without knowledge is nothing and that he now understands that God is knowledge. He got in his car and drove away, he ignored me now which is really great.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"I do not think you believe what you think you believe."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit