JWTALK Bob Comes Up With A Classic

by AverageJoe1 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

The guy everyone loves to hate, Bob, has come up with a classic:

Redefining the concept of "critical thinking" when it comes to JWs.

He quite correctly states the need to use critical thinking when reading the Bible, yet we all know that PIMI JWs don't have the first clue what "critical thinking" really means, especially on a thread fawning over how great the GB are and guessing who will be presenting the next JWB!

The link to the actual comment is:

https://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/36485-jw-broadcasting-for-july-2018/?do=findComment&comment=568964

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Critical thinking when cross-examining the sovereign of the universe: allowed.

Critical thinking when cross-examining the dudes who claim to speak for said sovereign: DENIED.

Go figure.

@jp1692: Let's review: It's a cult!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Yeah this guy sounds like the typical self righteous and arrogant dub.

I scrolled up and read the lyrics to a JW song. The song is about loneliness. Interesting. How come all the JW's are feeling lonely? I felt that way to when I was in. Been out for several years, don't feel lonely anymore! I just find it interesting that JW's feel lonely in their big and loving family.

• sir82
    sir82

JW version of critical thinking:

"How does this Bible verse reinforce what the Watchtower tells me is true?"

"If the verse does not seem to support WTS doctrine, how should I reinterpret what the Bible is saying?"

"How can this verse make me more obedient to the organization?"

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I'm sure I lost brain cells every time i visited that site.

Never thought i'd say this, but i think i hate Bob just as much as Tony Morris. He has his crappy blog page with videos defending JW beliefs. His one on shunning is simply a work of art that Joseph Goebbels would be proud of... he claims shunning ex-members is OK because it's just like when you get fired from your job, the employees of that workplace then shun you.... right?

Not in the real world, Bob. If your old workmates are shunning you it's because you're a dick.

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1
    Not in the real world, Bob. If your old workmates are shunning you it's because you're a dick.

Love this comment Pale. I completely agree on everything you said in your post. He & TPT would be the perfect match for each other!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I've met 'Bob' types before when I was a jobo.

Normally, they pontificate about how holy they are but in secret they are loathsome scum of the lowest order.

He's probably over-compensating for some sexual thing he thinks is perverted. He extols the virtues of the corrupt corporation to cover his own shittyness as a person.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

You should read some of the things they're saying about me since i was booted off the forum. Bear in mind I got booted for asking too many questions about the overlapping generation - the mods are saying:

"You really dont want to know. You would feel so dirty soap and water would not be enough to make you feel clean again."

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

They are just imitating their GB leaders who spread lies about any ex members and try and smear their reputation.

• sir82
    sir82

PE, didn't realize you got booted.

What was the final straw? Did they give you the courtesy of an explanation for it? Or did they judge you as apostate scum, beneath their contempt?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit