new series "The Good News According to Jesus"

by neat blue dog 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

This concept was leaked here not too long ago, and it was just announced at the next section of the 'annual meeting' on JW Broadcasting. They allude to it being a half hour series and say that it will cover literally every detail in all four gospels in chronological order through the course of all episodes. They also insinuate that it's the most ambitious project yet (I guess making use of that new media production facility). But they haven't even started filming yet! All they have is a simple hand drawn storyboard for an early episode. They said it will take YEARS to complete, and they ask the audience to 'support' the production as much as they can. I guess the new system ain't coming in the next few years is it?

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Fffffpht - "support".

i.e., "give us gobs and gobs of money".

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Maybe they, the rank and file will then realise that followers of Jesus were only instructed to witness to,for,and about the Kingdom of Jesus .?

Their is no such instruction from God, Jehovah to preach about a Jehovah`s Kingdom in any of the four Gospels .?

they ask the audience to 'support' the production as much as they can.

That`s where they ask for more donations for the Kingdom work ,because a big chunk of their money has gone to paying out Millions of $$$$ in lawsuits of Child Sexual Abuse cases that they have failed to protect in their organization.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Most investors get a share of the profits. That doesn't seem to apply to shall we say Dubbywood or maybe Warwywood or Dubneyland. Anyway the latest film studio, sound stage complex.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

I wonder how they will handle the episode where Jesus' warned people of those that would try to say that he had already come in some secret or hidden way?

Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. - Mt. 24: 26-27

Wt. comments: "This verse is clearly symbolic."

• Biahi
    Biahi

Sea Breeze, did they really say that in a Watchtower? I was thinking if they put their “spin” on Jesus, it could include things like Him praying to Jehovah by name, and who knows how bold and culty they get, maybe have Jesus say that right before he returns, a wonderful organization teaching “da troof” will emerge. Lol

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Can't wait for the dialogue where Jesus tells his disciples, "This generation will by no means pass away....actually, before I go any further, let me tell you guys that by 'generation', I mean two groups of people who just happen to have a couple of months or years of overlapping lifespans, so, for example, someone born 70 years after another person was born, but whose life overlapped the life of the older guy, well, see they're really just one generation, and even though the first guy died at age 99 30 years earlier, if the younger guy is still alive, then that generation is still the same, see, and...WAIT! Hey come back guys! I'm not done yet, I haven't even touched on the part where it's not only their lifespans that have to overlap, but their period of 'being anointed' has to overlap too, see, and....Huh. Where did everybody go? Hmmm, maybe next time I'll make a chart."

• BelisemDeBelimakom
    BelisemDeBelimakom

The Good News ACCORDING to Jesus?

-Good News IS Jesus!!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Jesus gave hope to the people by preaching about the kingdom of the heavens not the panda paradise! What will probably happen is when they realize what they are stepping into they will do movie about the sons of korah instead!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The burning questions I want to ask are...

Will the series be filmed in front of a live studio audience?

Will it feature authentic Hebrew-Aramaic dialogue with English subtitles, or classic-50s-Godzilla-style dubbing?

Will it accurately portray First-Century Christians dutifully preaching door-to-door with bags of scrolls?

Will Caleb and Sophia be featured in a cameo?

Will the WTS initiate DCMA takedowns if someone makes a stop-motion parody using Lego?

Will Jesus and his disciples be hot? More importantly, will Mary Magdalene?

Will Satan be portrayed by Tom Ellis, or will he more closely resemble Sparlock?

What roles will the Deafsturbation performers play?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit