Legal fight over door-to-door notes continues: case goes to Strasbourg

by Corney 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Journeyman
    Journeyman

That's fair enough. There's no reason why the org should expect to be exempt from data protection and privacy rules that every other organisation has to abide by.

In their "heyday", major cases used to be about real questions of rights and freedom of worship/religion, but these days most of the cases they try to bring are at best dubious and at worst vexatious. As a result, their once proud record of winning has been taking a battering and their legal teams are increasingly being humiliated. And of course, they're haemorrhaging money for legal costs.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Journeyman - these days most of the cases they try to bring are at best dubious and at worst vexatious…”

I think over the years, they’d come to buy into their own hype that their past court victories were evidence of God’s favor (as opposed to careful planning by shrewd lawyers).

Believing that they’re “destined to prevail no matter what” would definitely tempt them to pick more and more fights they wouldn’t otherwise win.

In fact, I suspect the possibility of losing is almost foreign to them.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Not to mention that going around jabbing folks with a stick and then whining when someone finally gives you a black eye for it doesn’t make you a victim.

It just makes you an asshole.

😏

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Something just occurred to me…

…maybe they’ve realized that the Rising Tide of legal troubles is unstoppable at this point, and they hope that if they provoke Satan’s World just enough to trigger mass “persecution” across the board, Jehovah will step in and bail them out with the Big A.

😏

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit