Sexual abuse of children by French Catholic clergy,

by MacHislopp 10 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello every one,

Ihave received from aEuropean friend the following:

Pope Francis on Wednesday expressed his personal shame and that of the Church at the sexual abuse of children by French Catholic clergy, after the scale of the problem was laid bare in a devastating report.

I wish to express to the victims my sadness and pain for the trauma they have suffered," he said during his weekly audience at the Vatican.

"And also my shame, our shame, my shame for the inability of the Church for too long to put them at the centre of its concerns.

"I pray and we all pray together -- to you Lord the glory, to us the shame. This is the time for shame."

An independent commission on Tuesday revealed that French Catholic clergy sexually abused around 216,000 minors over seven decades since 1950, a "massive phenomenon" that was covered up by a "veil of silence".

....Dealing with the avalanche of revelations about sexual abuse by clergy was one of the biggest challenges that Francis faced when he was elected pope in 2013.

He declared an end to impunity and changed Vatican law to make reporting abuse mandatory, but victims have warned it is not enough

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

You can read more at:

(url RTL Today - Devastating report: Pope expresses 'shame' at French sex abuse scandal-)When the Society's Governing Body will do the same...or better when will

they wil be forced by the courts to admit and pay the full consequences ?

Greetings to all of you,

JC MacHislopp

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

"Until the early 2000s,..."

JAN. 6, 2002 CHANGED EVERYTHING FOR THE CHURCH.

Canon 2489 said to keep it quiet

'2489 Charity and respect for the truth must suggest the answer to every request for information or communication.

The good and safety of others, respect for private life, the common good are sufficient reasons for keeping silent about what should not be known, or for using discreet language.

The duty to avoid scandal often requires rigorous discretion.

No one is required to reveal the truth to those who do not have the right to know it. 375 '

Where do you think the independent commission found these records? In the church!

• waton
    waton

heads should roll, in all institutions.

• Simon
    Simon

This could only happen with government support, it can only continue with government support, it only goes unpunished with government support.

At this point, how can anyone stay a part of such a sleazy, shitty, organization? Walk away, then we can execute whoever is left.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Pope Francis on Wednesday expressed his personal shame and that of the Church at the sexual abuse of children by French Catholic clergy, after the scale of the problem was laid bare in a devastating report.

When was the last time you heard the Governing Body express personal shame at the sexual abuse of children in the organization-------NEVER!

Instead they will fight and shame the victims.

All these pedophiles and the organizations that protect them need to be removed from society---permanently.
  • jhine
    jhine

I'm confused

" no one is required to reveal the truth to those who do not have the right to know it "

That was stated by the Catholic Church ?

It sounds exactly like JW wording.

Jan

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    It sounds exactly like JW wording.
    One of the greatest Jehovah's Witness swipes of the church.

https://www.catholicculture.org/culture/library/catechism/index.cfm?recnum=5980

• was a new boy
  • fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

And,over in Poland more .....

Quote: "WARSAW, Poland — The Catholic Church in Poland announced Monday that it had received 368 allegations of clerical abuse in the past two and a half years.

The claims relate to abuse reportedly committed by 292 priests and religious between 1958 and 2020.

A report released June 28 by the Institute of Statistics of the Catholic Church said that the allegations were made between July 1, 2018, and Dec. 31, 2020."

The National Catholic Register. - https://www.ncregister.com/cna/catholic-church-in-poland-reports-hundreds-of-new-abuse-allegations

----------

Probably, the tip of the iceberg, as not everyone reports abuse.

• Simon
    Simon

Words are meaningless, and cheap ... cheaper than actually doing something, like paying compensation.

How about this simple formula. Take everything the Church owns and divide it among the victims. The end.

Then I want to see some old-school French justice ... they must have some guillotines around somewhere, right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit