WT study 7-11

by road to nowhere 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Par 7. JWs are proud of bring uneducated to the point of being anti education.

Par 8. The boreans studied what they were told and verified it, unlike the forbidden research now

A religion that sprang from the Adventist movement in the 1800s, founded in America, headquartered in America but not American. 🤯

• hoser
    hoser

I don’t think anyone should be ashamed of being uneducated, however they still need to seek knowledge and truth as life goes on

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Well said.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I would not have summarised it the same as the o.p but today’s study ( article 18) did contain this classic sentence:

In a similar way, people today need to examine the facts. They must compare what they are taught by God’s people with what the Scriptures say. They also need to study the record of Jehovah’s people in modern times. If they do a proper “background check,” they will not allow prejudice or hearsay to blind them.”

Wow! How can they write this stuff? The record of that organisation in modern times is a catalogue of failed predictions and scandals and is ample evidence of their ‘ less than godly ‘ behaviour. A background check was enough to convince us that it was time to leave.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Hoser. Not the lack of education but demonizing anyone who seeks knowledge. I am damn proud of my midwestern hillbilly roots but try to know my grammar and etymology

At meetings we hear the w in sword, conscience and conscious mixed up, liberry, on and on.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

What was in print - "If they do a proper “background check,” they will not allow prejudice or hearsay to blind them.”

What is enforced - "If they do a proper “background check (using only Watchtower materials),” they will not allow prejudice or hearsay to blind them.”

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Many religions admonish education as being useless dribble, for the reason that higher education equates to particular knowledge and non support toward spiritual adherence, which the top religious leaders use to both control people with and empower themselves.

• Overrated
    Overrated

It is not so much the lack of education, it is the failure to use critical thinking skills the seeing of both sides and making an informed judgment call.

• waton
    waton

par 9: "Jesus refused to perform showy signs." pardon me?

in the story, he walked on water, turned water into wine, resurrected people, publicly cured the blind, the lame , lepers, fed thousands, calmed storms, shrivelled trees,

this article is designed to gaslight the participants, direct wt adherents away from the real causes of the crumbling foundations of the movement.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

par. 7

'Others claim that Jehovah’s Witnesses are an “American religion,”

Now where did they get that from?

https://jwleaks.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/secrets-of-pedophilia-in-an-american-religion-jehovahs-witnesses-in-crisis.pdf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit