Would it be ethical for another nation to supply weapons to anti-Trump protesters?

by fulltimestudent 21 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Moot question.

Nothing is easier to acquire in the USA than guns. No help from foreign countries needed.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

More hyperbole. As a gun owning citizen of the united states i can verify that purchasing and owning a firearm is not the easiest thing in our coutry. Its far easier to buy milk and butter, for example, than a firearm.

if the op was a an entry way to discuss American presence in foreign politics then im all for it! Perhaps we could also discuss chinas influance in north/south korea ....

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

read the german news sites. Police is attacked on a daily basis, will not enter areas controlled by migrant parallel societies.

What is happening in Europe is truly terrifying. Some areas of France and Germany are almost like another country within a country, where muslim law rules instead of the country law. The police doesn't go in there, and non-muslim people are gradually forced out, if they are not smart enough to leave on their own volition.

While along, the regressive left mentality of most of Euro governments continues to pretend all is well, that muslim communities are great and that we should all sit around the campfire and sing kumbaya.

The world is again primed for someone who will come along and gather support of extremist views from people who are simply tired of some much politically correctness bullshit.

• someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX
    someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX
    illegal immigrants

Heh hmmm. I don't know what else to say really. I have know f'n problem with legal migrants that work their way to the USA and got through all of the paperwork. I believe they should come, the more the marrier. but ILLEGALLY?????????????????????????????? NO.

My wife is from Mexico. Her dad came here LEGALLY when she was like 2. She is against ILLEGAL immigrants. That should f'n tell you something.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@someDUDE - some of these high school-mentality protestors don't bother with logic, reason and facts, unfortunately.

They might simply say your wife is ignorant, or being racist towards her own kind.

I wouldn't put it past them ...

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

She is against ILLEGAL immigrants.

Well of course. It's almost as if you were standing in line at a government office and then someone cut in front of everybody and got taken care of. It would be an outrage. And this is what happens with illegal immigration.

There are thousands of people who put in their time, filling out paperwork, getting lawyers, submitting applications, spending money trying to get a visa to work in the united states. Then someone comes along with a big ladder and just jumps a fence and they are in. Then once they are in, they are practically safe.

What message does this send? It's a disgrace. And the left has done itself a disservice by its apathy to this situation....thus Trump.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

One thing that is never mentioned on the issue of immigrants is how it all began in the 19th century. Before Texas became US territory the Mexico owned the land which was forcibly taken from them.

The situation started when Mexico allowed Americans to immigrate into what was a semi-autonomous province. Every thing was fine until the Mexican government want to abolish slavery throughout it's nation. They also wanted to impose a modest tax on the residents in Texas. Mexico had the sovereign right to do both.

However, Texans did not take too well to that because they saw themselves entitled to own slaves and to not contribute even a modest amount to the nation that gladly brought them in.

Now the Mexicans are coming back to where many of their ancestors used to live; irony, irony. There is a place for Mexicans here in the US but I acknowledge that there would be way too many of them with an open border.

As for legal immigration I would ban it because there aren't enough jobs for those who already live here. We receive 1 million legal immigrants a year which adds up to 10 million in one decade. That's a lot of jobs. Remember that the main reason people oppose Mexicans streaming over the border has to do with their taking jobs away from us. Therefore, it doesn't matter that legal immigrants have this aura of acceptability; there just are not enough jobs for everyone.

• James Brown
    James Brown

Ethical is a meaningless word.

Everyone has different ethics. And everyone has different morals.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    Posted: Somebody innocent is gonna end up shot, on purpose or otherwise.

Yup! That's what we've seen around the world. ... Lots of dead people in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria (and Chile as another poster pointed out), but I'm not sure whether they were shot on purpose or otherwise, except in Chile where anyone killed by Pinochet's thugs was surely killed on purpose

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    Posted: We dont need your insane suggestions or misplaced hyperbole regarding our politics.

Umm! Really?

The question was raised by a US citizen in a private discussion group.

Happier about it now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit