Will Charles Taze Russell be Resurrected With a Beard?

by Cold Steel 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

The scriptures say all will be resurrected, some to eternal life, others to judgment. So I wondered what's going to happen to those who wore beards during mortality? Picture if Charles Taze Russell was resurrected and came face to face with Joseph Rutherford, second president of TWT (the whole tamale) and the instigator of the beardless policy. Russell, now imbued with divine knowledge, knows Rutherford largely banned beards because of his jealousy of him, Charles.

Now Charles has come forth in celestial glory to do whatever the 144,000 do, and he has no problem with himself or 143,998 of the others.

So what happens? Who decides what the new policy is and does Russell get to sport his newly resurrected facial hair, not one of which will be lost, we're told, or does clean shaven Rutherford call the shots?

In the eternal scheme of things, who will call the shots in the
    144,000 -- Russell or Rutherford? Will Russell be compelled
    to surrender his whiskers in compliance with a policy set by
    by his successor? Or will Rutherford's edict fall before the in-
    fluence of the greatest of all Bible Students?

• Chook
    Chook

According to Jw doctrine mr Russell is in heaven when Rutherford arrives, as to who calls the shots they will be united in love with divine flamethrowers getting ready to rid the earth of the millions who didn't support Warwicks realestate empire.

• Half banana
    Half banana

What the scriptures say is irrelevant. No one has ever been resurrected and no one will be resurrected anywhere, anytime, in any physical state or otherwise. It's a religious fairy tale folks! Get real and grow up.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

CT Russell won't be resurrected. No one will. He will be under that pyramid in the North Hills of Pittsburgh forever.

• sparky1
    sparky1

This is actually a very comical and thought provoking topic! But I have an even more pressing and important question: If either one of them FARTED on their deathbed, will the stink follow them into heaven?

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Have the Mormons baptized either of these men posthumously so that they can have hope? Now that's a question that really matters.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    Half Banana » No one has ever been resurrected and no one will be resurrected anywhere, anytime, in any physical state or otherwise.

You're no fun, HB. These men are the ones who are supposed to feed us with spiritual meat. After they help torch the planet of the wicked and unrighteous, they're going to rule over those on the earth, some who may want beards. (Why they would even need to be ruled is a mystery to me. Won't people get to do what they want? Why would they need to be ruled?)

Atheism has yet to be established as truth, and Armageddon is right around the corner. I'd keep my eye on 2075. That's the latest one could reasonably expect Armageddon. Me, I'm going to shave just in case He decides to spare unbelievers.

Dubstepped » Have the Mormons baptized either of these men posthumously so that they can have hope? Now that's a question that really matters.

I don't know. Right now the church is asking people to keep it in their families, but it is, and has, done the work for others (such as Presidents and many others). But beards hardly are at issue here. And please note, I'm not the one that brought Mormonism up in this thread. Sigh.

• cofty
    cofty
    Atheism has yet to be established as truth... - CS

FFS how many times do you need it explained to you?

Atheism isn't a thing. There is zero burden of proof on those who reject the preposterous claims of theism.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

FFS how many times do you need it explained to you?

Atheism is a thing, Cofty. It's as much a cult as the LDS church, ancient Christianity or any established religion. You guys don't have a pope (though you might want to consider Bill Maher) or a council, but you pretty much say the same things, make the same arguments, run the same types of websites. Same beliefs. Same inane insults. Hit one of you guys on the back of the head and you all fall over.

Religion isn't about burden of proof, it's about faith, and atheism has its own faith in nothing. Nothing ruling the universe, nothing beyond death, no reason for being here and no consequences for good or evil wrought in mortality. You have interesting articles about how you can establish moral codes, but you miss the point that those codes can bend and change as society itself bends and changes.

Anyway, I've put more thought into this reply than you've ever put into any of your anti-religion rants so I'll leave you with that. I won't bother doing any copying and pasting. Cheers!

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

Why do WT pictures of Jesus in heaven have him w/ a beard and angels too?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit