Summer Warming is a Hoax

by Coded Logic 5 Replies latest social humour

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

I've heard many folks on this forum talk about summer warming as though it's a fact. But this is totally fake and made up. Anyone whose done any research knows it does not get any warmer in the summer than it does the winter. For example, here in Monterey (where I live) it reached 73 degrees on January 8th. But last year in the summer it only reached 66 degrees on July 13th. All across the US we can find warmer winter days than summer days. Clearly summers are not warmer than winters.

But it's not just single days either. For example, during the whole month of December the average high temperature was 80 degrees in Huston. But in the London for the month of May the average high for the month was only 77 degrees. So it was cooler in the summer than it was in the winter. This totally blows the lid off of summer warming.

Climate scientists are clearly perpetuating a hoax. Summer warming is a myth.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Coded Logic:

I have nothing of a scientific nature to add; however, having grown up somewhat north of you, I do recall how peeved I was with the cool, foggy summers. Back then, we had a three-month summer vacation, returning to school after Labor Day. Apart from the occasional hot day here and there, most summer days were cool, with fog lifting around 10:00 a.m. and returning about 4:00 p.m.

After Labor Day and back to school, it was warm and wonderful. But I was back in school and not on the beach!

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5713334981623808/smiddy-cool-damp

• oppostate
    oppostate

Are you trying to debunk global warming? Or just making a point of how cold you feel as you get older?

• tiki
    tiki

Global climate change is a reality. You can't assume that because temperatures fluctuate meaninglessly in one area or another that the big picture is not clearly shifting. Actual global averages are indeed increasing and with that we have seen increased hurricane activity and hurricane strength..this is related to rise in ocean temperatures and volatility. The polar ice cap is breaking up...change is real. However global climate alterations have been going on for milleniums...remember there was an ice age...for example...we now have advanced technology to track climate changes so are more aware of it than previous generations may have been.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

It was meant to be a bit of humor showing that if you cherry pick the data (the way global warming deniers do) you could "disprove" summers are warmer than winters. Apparently I'm not very funny though.

• compound complex
    compound complex

You're funny, Coded Logic. I saw through your serious mien. We're both children of the fog, as you may have read in my post.

Stay cool.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit