Anthony Robbins... GREAT Healing.

by Confucious 10 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I am sure that Tony Robbins has helped many people to become more successful and happy. But in some ways, I've always been very leery of reading one of his books or listening to one of his programs on tape. It makes me think about how many times as a JW I heard some stirring talk at the KH or DC, and came away from it thinking 'YES!!!! I'm really going to get it together this time! That was just what I needed to hear! I'm going to become a pioneer-bethelite-elder UBERDUB!" Then, 2 weeks later, I'm sitting at home on Saturday morning chastizing myself once again for being so chickensh!t about field service.

I just finished listening to a tape series titled "No Excuses - Existentialism and the Meaning of Life". I found it to be utterly absorbing. I love existentialist thought because it doesn't look for some grand purpose or romantic ideal; rather, life is what it is. Deal with it. Life ultimately is meaningless and absurd and on a cosmic scale all our activity adds up to...absolutely nothing. Accepting that fact is at the heart of existentialism, though opinions vary as to what you should do as a consequence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit