What is the benefit of God's Kingdom?

by Half banana 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

What is the benefit of God's Kingdom?

I say, it keeps people hooked, latched, handcuffed into donating to this religion for want of a better future/hope! It fills up the coffers!

Zing

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Blubberyk9, what you said well describes Jn 3:8.

On when God's Kingdom arrives, see this post for an interesting thought.

• Half banana
    Half banana

I'm not Bk9 and I don't hear the mystical wind that you might! But interesting thoughts Bobcat.

I noted Wm Barclays Classical text references of the Greek parousia defining the de facto ruling 'presence' of the emperor (which translates into Latin as adventus or advent). The Christ sects would have used this same Koine Greek word with the same meanings. The doctrinal implication was that Christ began ruling after the fall of Jerusalem in 70 CE.

One has to ask then where is the evidence and what the significance? Are we not still hobbled by the invisibility trick? The Christ was not seen ruling.....

The messianic hopes of the Jewish Christians were not rewarded and neither was there any glorification, deliverance or kingly rule evident in the early churches.

It appears to me to be rhetoric playing on the susceptibility of the downtrodden to Deus ex machina salvation promises. (that is: -- divine interventions at the last minute to resolve un-resolvable problems)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Well there would be a lot of benefits if it were real, but all the nice possibilities thought out by the bible writers were unfortunately fictional mythology.

The ancients asked for help to their specific worshiped gods they didn't have the knowledge of the world in which we lived so they had no others choice.

In other words they created their gods and also created ideas for help from those gods. ie sickness, war and strife and death.

In many ways the humans who lived in that era were much like the people living today

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

If you'd asked my Dad back in the day, he'd have said that in God's Kingdom, everyone would act righteously... or else (paraphrasing, obviously, but that's the gist).

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

AysThe benefit of 100 years Kingdom

1. You get 2 kings for 1 kingdom. Jehovahs kingdom and Jesus Kingdom - a corporate one with a horrible footprint

2. You get a World war in 1914 that was induced by one of the kings fighting in heaven with apostate Satan

3. You get in 1918 a Spanish Influenza which killed twice as much as poor people that both World Wars together.

4. Fear mongering slaves are running around and set new 100y+ fear Milestone footprint in the Marathon of Gods kindom :Gods kingdom begins with war,, brngs fear for Millions now living and brings war from above at the end to come

5. 2 kings who so bring bring themselves reproach "to Jehovas name " or the kings names while always waiting for the next Virus as evidence for the endtime

• Half banana
    Half banana

Yes Wonder, God's invisble kingdom brought about business as usual --perhaps it doesn't exist?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit