When Captain America Throws His Mighty Shield!

by Cold Steel 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

How does the Society feel about two of Marvel's most popular Avengers?

First, Captain America. The star-spangled man with a plan. He may not have a military uniform, but he sports the red, white and blue and has a spangled vibratium shield (or whatever). He's a fighting flag!

Next is THOR, a false Norse god...but one heck of a nice guy.

So can JWs watch these movies, or will they have to settle for two new Caleb movies?

• Simon
    Simon

Soon every movie made will be a Marvel super-hero film. They better get used to it.

If you notice, the religious evangelical types have started making their biblical characters more "super hero" like in their cartoons and movies, probably to jump on the band-wagon and appeal to the younger audience.

I think it shows how unrealistic the stories are. We're not meant to believe the Avengers actually happened after all..

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

The society would definitely condemn both heroes.

If I was a Jehovah's Witness I would be drawing parallels between the pervasiveness of these modern mythologies and those of ancient Rome before its fall.

So anyone see the Captain America Civil War trailer yet?

It looks like War Machine may kick the bucket while Captain America and Bucky are just hammering Iron Man.

Its gonna be soooooo sweeeeeet!

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

They really don't directly comment on them, but they do in a round about way.

So, superheroes like that are basically the myths of our time, similar to characters like Hercules.

The WT has often speculated that mythical figures like Hercules have their origins in the Nephilim.

So the logic goes:

Nephilim = Demonic

so Hercules = Demonic

Therefore superheroes = Demonic.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If you notice, the religious evangelical types have started making their biblical characters more "super hero" like in their cartoons and movies, probably to jump on the band-wagon and appeal to the younger audience.....Simon

Image result for bible man..Image result for bible man

.....................................Image result for bible man

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Not had any problems with my kids seeing Marvel films. I don't know anyone who is down on them.

LOTR/Hobbit on the other hand does invoke some judgemental noises.

Harry Potter - well that just makes you an apostate.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    So anyone see the Captain America Civil War trailer yet?
    It looks like War Machine may kick the bucket while Captain America and Bucky are just hammering Iron Man.
    Its gonna be soooooo sweeeeeet!

I think the plot stinks. Just a few movies ago Tony Stark told a military subcommittee that they couldn't have his suit. Now he's going to roll over for a law that would register super heroes? That makes no sense. Especially when the ranking senator trying to get the suit was a member of Hydra! {«Hail Hydra!»}

Now ordinarily I wouldn't know where Captain America would stand. Being a patriot, would he be willing to sustain the laws of the land? Or would he rebel at a government that had grown tyrannical and oppressive? And Stark? He wouldn't even register his guns much less his suit! But in this movie he supports the law.

What about War Machine? I doubt he'll die for two reasons for two reasons. First, I don't think you'll see one Avenger kill another hero. Cap and Iron Man would experience a rift that could never be repaired if that happened. Reason two is that War Machine is black, and unless you want the NAACP banging on your door, you better not only let him live, but make sure he's nominated for best supporting actor. If WM is whacked, I'll bet it will be by the bad guys -- the ones that will cause the Avengers to reunite and eventually save the day.

All in all, those writers should be getting off drugs long enough to figure out how to bring back Pietro.

Someone has to be around fast enough to beat the Flash into the ground. So if WM has to go, he is redundant.

But we'll have to wait to hear from the GB about Cap and THOR. If Caleb is allowed to see it, I reckon everyone else can as well.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

As mentioned by a very astute member on another thread, this is a symptom of modern JWism. The members don't really have any personal conviction or beliefs, save one, the belief that the Supreme Creator tells the GB what to do.

Seriously, when you can teach something as the truth for decades, judge others as "false Xians" for not believing, but then immediately discard that "truth" when the WTBTS says so, then you have no personal beliefs. Your "beliefs" are subject to change at the whims of religious leaders.

Making changes based on evidence is one thing, making changes based on speculation and yellow journalism is another. There is never any solid evidence on which nu-light is based, just "evidently...".

So while Football ( American ) is said to be violent ( which it is ) and reminiscent of Gladitorial events, Dubs have Super Bowl Parties. Yet any dub who watches boxing, is considered a "lover of violence."

While Marvel films that depict pagan Gods from another dimension, battling a confirmed womanizer who made a fortune supporting the satanic governments with weapons is good, Dr. Strange will be declared unfit for JW consumption.

Such is the prediction of Canis Datamonium, the everlasting know-it-all, Mage of the Ancient One.

DD😈

• Londo111
    Londo111
    Steve Rogers would have to quit his job, take up part time work like window washing or painting, and regular pioneer. Then the Watchtower might put its stamp of approval on it.
  • Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Yeah, but if Pietro were a JW, can you imagine what his weekly reports would look like? 💥💨

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit