JW Mother Rejected for taking Blood

by Lee Elder 3 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

A Jehovah's Witness mother was rejected for accepting blood to save her life. This is the so called "pastoral care" given by Watchtower leaders when a member violates official policy. While the exact circumstances surrounding this particular case are not known, its bears noting that these so called "Bloodless Surgery" centers are often staffed and managed by active Jehovah's Witnesses. If this was the case, and said members turned her in to the elders, they would have violated her medical confidentiality. The article is in Italian, and a slightly enhanced Google translation to English follows:

Jehovah's Witness accepts a blood transfusion: She was nearing death. Rejected by the community: They took my daughters. Grazia has chosen life, but this has cost her the affection of her daughters. Grazia Di Nicola was a Jehovah's Witness who chose to get away from the community after the harassment received for undergoing a transfusion, prohibited by their beliefs, in order to survive after surgery. The woman is a 48-year-old housewife, mother of four, lives in Colliano, a village in the province of Salerno. Her belief, however, almost caused her to die. After an intervention was necessary with transfusion, and she agreed not to die. An unpardonable sin for her church, so much so that Grace found herself humiliated by her "cult brothers". It was she who introduced the religion into her home, even against the initial resistance of her husband, convincing everyone (husband and then children) to attend meetings, convinced that that belief was the only possibility of salvation. When fighting against a tumor in 2016, she choose a clinic that guaranteed she woul not be transfused, but she lost a lot of blood, and the transfusion became necessary for survival. Grazia choose to live, but her choice was not forgiven by the elders, and her three daughters then repudiated her. Today the woman is living a real drama. After undergoing numerous humiliations to be re-admitted to the community after the transfusion, she decided to leave, but in this way she lost her daughters who no longer recognize her as their mother, and accuse her of having betrayed Jehovah. The daughters, except the male son who remained close to her, as FanPage also reports, live in the home of an old man and do not seem to want to regain a dialogue with the woman who is desperate not only because of the distance from the girls, but because she fears for their safety within the sect. https://www.leggo.it/italia/cronache/testimone_di_geova_trasfusione_sangue_grazia_di_nicola-3812660.html
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I have a grand daughter that needed kidney surgery. She was 18 months old. The doctors told my still-in jw son that they would get a court order if needed so they could use blood if needed.

He was in a moral dilemma until I told him what I would do. I told him to save her precious little life at all cost and ask for forgiveness later. F*ck the wtbts and their stupid blood policy. Only a moron can stand by and let a loved die due to that idiotic policy!

just saying!

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Good for you! Please tell us how the story ends.

• zeb
    zeb

Accepting blood or blood components is... out the door! Did they have two witnesses?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit