4 New GB Helpers

by Reservations 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Reservations
    Reservations

Apparently 4 New GB Helpers as per Reddit

1) Paul Gillies

2) Johnathan Smith

2 others names not yet known.

Apparently Gillies is now partaking, he’ll be GB within 3 years.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I guess so, funny old world.

Is it normal to announce helpers’ names? I thought it was more of a concept than an official position.

Wasn’t the original point of “helpers” or “nethinim” so that non anointed brothers could sit in GB meetings and take part in running the organisation? If so, when did they start appointing anointed brothers as helpers?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Jonathan Smith was my CO in Texas.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

He is from South Dakota.

• Smiles
    Smiles

Are WT leaders cult tapping more:

personality-admiring

boot-shining

creature-worshipping

yes-men

?

New a-holes...

Same manure.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Helpers are the organisations answer to succession planning. It goes in hand with the recent point that all anointed will be gone before armageddon.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Anyone else wanting to vomit?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Paul Gillies..... ex PR man of the London Bethel. I last saw him online streaming giving evidence to the British enquiry into child abuse. I heard he was now in NY, seems to be on a course to the top.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

For an organization that constantly pushes the idea that we're that close to the end... they sure do a lot of long-term planning.

• dozy
    dozy

Gillies just seems a rather uninspiring brown nosing company man. I guess that is the main qualification for progress through the upper echelons of the Org. He is really exceptionally dull and uninspiring , with no noticeable empathy or warmth though - with a manner like a junior Edinburgh lawyer - I don't know how well he would be in front of the cameras of JW Broadcasting.

If he does eventually become appointed ( albeit he must be in his mid 60's by now , so upper age limit for such as post ) , he would be the first British (and first Scot) to be appointed to the GB since Jack Barr (died - oops , sorry , ended his earthly course - 2010 ).

I hate to be cynical, but I just wonder how genuine these sudden claims ( in their middle age ) to be anointed are from obviously ambitious men who clearly have their hearts set on becoming GB members.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit