Free Minds Web Site

by garyneal 15 Replies latest jw friends

• garyneal
    garyneal

Anyone know what has happened to freemind.org website? It's still up but it looks like a shell of the site I remember back five or six year years ago. If I am not mistaken, I think Randy may have taken ill over the years. It certainly does not look as polished as it used to.

I recall also, about five years ago, he posted here looking for volunteers. I volunteered to help but never heard anything back at the time. Does anyone here know whether or not they are still looking for volunteers?

• garyneal
    garyneal

Sorry, the link is freeminds.org (with the s), not freemind.org (without the s) but I am sure everyone here knows which site I really meant.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi, garyneal:

Sorry not to have an answer.

It was Randy's site where I found links to this forum. He has been helpful to many, including me. He posted some of my pieces, for which I was very grateful

• stillin
    stillin

Randy was "Dogpatch" wasn't he? I used to really enjoy browsing the reunions of ex-Bethelites on Freeminds and the comparing of experiences of th or overseers were hilarious!

I think Randy has passed away, though I hope I'm wrong.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Randy was a light in a very dark place back in '89 when we left the cult. His newsletter in the post was a lifeline to my husband and me. I can't even remember how we found out about it. Pre-Internet it kept us going, knowing we weren't alone. Thanks Randy. 💖

• garyneal
    garyneal

Yes, he is Dogpatch. I found his site years ago myself and remember the various stories from regular bloggers as well as some anonymous people. It was through his site that I found this site.

Someone PM'd me his direct contact so I will try that route. I also have him as a friend on facebook but even there I have not heard much from him.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

Please update!

• steve2
    steve2

stillin' please don't say he has passed away unless you are absolutely certain. I know he was not in very good health but I have heard absolutely nothing about how he is doing.

Can someone please provide a corroborated update on Randy?

• stillin
    stillin

I'm sorry, Steve. You're right. I was PM'd a direct contact and assured that Randy lives. And I should be more careful about what I say.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

No news from me, I am afraid. .. just to add my appreciation for Randy since his 'Freeminds' was the first site I found when I started looking on the net... It was wonderful ! I felt I had entered a whole new world and I was not some freak on my own . He had a link to here , and the rest is history .

Whatever the scene is with Randy, Thank you Man.!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit