As I said:)

This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper.

• Terry
    Terry

I have thought many times how worthless most politicians are in their job;
    how little they DO, and how pompous and privileged they are in the process.

They are trained to say what people want to hear and hardly held accountable once elected for failing to try to make good on promises.

Sociopaths beat a well-worn path into that profession.

I would love to see REAL debates where these characters could face off without moderators and handlers and sink their teeth into each other.

They are far too protected to ever let an honest debate break out.
    "How would you solves X problem? You have thirty seconds to answer?"
    That kind of question is an insult to voters.

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

Terry;

I have thought many times how worthless most politicians are in their job;

Here is an example of a congress woman that doesn't know that illegally entering the United States is-----"ILLEGAL"

She is the queen of stupidity and yet-------she has the authority over financial and budgetary matters, through the enumerated power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEFoi_leYDw

• Terry
    Terry

One of the finesse moves of politics is to re-frame an issue in a particular specific way.
    AOC wants all aliens at the border to be seen as asylum seekers.
    Calling anything exactly what it is - is almost unheard of in political discourse.

I live in Texas and I know the border towns are in chaos with more illegals in custody than border patrol officers. Cities have the burden of food, medicine, child supervision, crime control, etc.
    In RULES for RADICALS we find tactics listed for bringing down your opposition.

1. "Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have."
    2. "Never go outside the expertise of your people."
    3. "Whenever possible go outside the expertise of the enemy."
    4. "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules."
    5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon."
    6. "A good tactic is one your people enjoy."
    7. "A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag."
    8. "Keep the pressure on."
    9. "The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself."
    10. "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition."
    11. "If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside."
    12. "The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative."
    13. "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it."

Overwhelming law enforcement is a good way to provoke responses which can then be framed as brutality, inhumane treatment, etc.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Consider this interview thoughtfully and see if the "crisis" is due to numbers or lack of funding.

https://law.stanford.edu/2019/04/22/crisis-at-the-border-an-update-on-immigration-policy-with-stanfords-lucas-guttentag/

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    I live in Texas and I know the border towns are in chaos with more illegals in custody than border patrol officers.

Interestingly enough, i have not heard AOC or any of the other illegal alien apologists explain how exactly we should enforce immigration law or what should be the policy for allowing (or not) people in to the country.

None of them seem to be saying you should let everybody in without control either, so what exactly do they want done? Saying that these folks are just trying escape poverty or violence is nothing new. Well...of course they are. Why else would they come here?

Likewise if a homeless person is breaking in to your home to eat something and take a nap, he is doing that because he is hungry and sleepy. So why don't you let them in? I'll tell you why...because you realize that you have limited resources, and also because you really don't know who this person really is. Why is this so hard to understand?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit