Do you think you will ever see News like this ?

by Phizzy 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

This sort of thing ? :

"JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES STATE THAT BLACK LIVES MATTER, AS ALL LIVES MATTER"

" JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES JOIN BLACK LIVES MATTER RALLY"

" JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES JOIN WITH OTHERS IN "TAKING THE KNEE" FOR BLACK LIVES MATTER"

No, neither do I. Because ?? " Oh no, we cannot get involved in Politics", etc. (This is not a political issue, true Politicians must make the changes that matter, but it is an issue with Society as a whole, Racist people need to "put on the new personality". )

It has truly been stated that it is simply not enough to claim not to be racist, we have to fight against Racism with all our might, and in any way we can.

Therefore if there is nothing from J W Org, not even a statement on this, they are a racist Organisation.

• alanv
    alanv

Its because in their religion, all colours are accepted. Certainly here in the uk, it makes no difference if you are black, brown or white JW. Its the one good thing that JWs have done worldwide, ie treat all colours the same. Rightly or wrongly they have no interest in trying to change how non JWs treat each other.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yes alanv, and as a born in, I was brought up with the attitude we were all humans and equal before god. Because my parents were unusual in their attitude to people from other ethnic groups and cultures, even before they became J.W's, our Home was " Open House" to all sorts of people, from different backgrounds, and different politics even.

Because of benefiting from these aspects of my upbringing, I could never have become a Racist ! As you rightly say this is one thing we can praise JW's for.

It became clear to me thinking on this matter, that until I was about 10 I was not even aware of Racism, growing up in a White Rural Community. Then one day I was standing in a Field with a friend, and two farm workers were passing, standing up in the back of a pick-up truck, and they remarked " Yea, West African", they were wrong about her ethnicity, but I became aware they thought of her as a mere specimen, like an animal in a Zoo, to gawp at, and show no respect. I was hurt and shocked.

So Racism was there in my little Community, but I had not experienced it in action in my life before. I have always hated Racism in any form ever since.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

BLM is an in your face expression of cultural Marxism and I hope that no JW's fall for it, not that the WTBS have explained any such activity, if they even understand what is going on over and above the usual " oh it's all Satan's system" mantra.

RB

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising

BLM is a Terrorist group and I would say the JWs don't need to be associated with this extremist idiot group. They have more sense than that. I don't like the JWs but I would join up and be and elder before I would take a knee for this asshat group.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Leftism is a religion and JWs can't participate in this secular religion.

Those that bend the knee for BLM/Antifa don't understand that it doesn't matter what you do, they're like King Geoffrey (GoT) in that way.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

When I explained what had happened to me at the hand of the Watchtower to a Quaker who is somewhat involved in politics, he immediately said, "they act like the Labour party." (Left Wing in UK).

I wasn't aware of that. But I was aware of Fabianism which is associated with Left Wing politics and also people like H G Wells who wrote not only The Invisible Man but also God the Invisible King.

When I started studying, I was very suprised to see Watchtower literature quote H G Wells as some kind of authority because in academic circles I had never heard his named mentioned. He was just a novelist.

• Simon
    Simon

JWs tend to be more conservative christian types and so follow the belief that people's behavior and adherence to norms matters more than group membership.

They are not going to get involved in political movements, especially ones that are divisive.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

BLM is like Metoo movement. People who were victims want to make everyone victims and join in and want the government to notice them and make laws for their protection, and in the process hurt everyone that is not them.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

RESOLUTE BANDICOOT & PHOENIXRISING:

I can understand peaceful demonstrations and people being against police brutality - but my opinion of that group is that it seems more like a terrorist group..judging by all the destruction and violence (which will be downplayed and hidden by the liberal media).

There are many ex-JWs who believe in that group - if you read other forums.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit